• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So Romeo has a butterfly nose??

CHRISTIESIPHONE4-1-2013083_zps97a997a5.jpg
[/IMG]

So this is my baby Romeo! He is 4 months old. He is an absolute sweetheart! He is doing GREAT at potty training and already knows several tricks! He knows how to sit, stay, down, roll over, high five, shake, and we are working on BANG!
I am curious about his nose though. I bought him from a reputable breeder and she said his grandmother had the same kind of nose. She said they called her "Pinky", but her nose eventually filled in at around a year or so. I know this can be a fault for show dogs, but I don't plan on showing him. I know that when they are really young they can have alot of pink on their noses, but usually they go black within several weeks. I did a search on here and saw that this is called a butterfly nose, but I did not read anything about noses changing after a year. I will of course love him regardless, but I am curious.
Anyone have experience with butterfly noses??

I don't know much about them; have seen some cavaliers that keep some pink and think it makes them a bit unique! :) I do think it can continue to fill in with more black...? There are some here who should know! :D

Some tris seem to take a long while filling in their noses. But we've never had one that did not do so. A year is not an unreasonable time to do so.

One slightly off-topic item about developing noses. We received a 3+ year old ruby female a few years ago. She had a brownish nose. In a matter of months, we were able to change her nose color to black by changing her to a raw, fresh meat and vegie diet.

My family had a border collie with a butterfly nose as well. It did fill in completely, but his took well over year. I don't remember how long, it was definitely filled in by age 3 though.

Thanks for the replies!! I think it is adorable and I can't imagine him with a black nose after having him for a month but at first I have to admit in the back of my mind I kinda felt like he was not a perfect Cavalier and that the breeder was selling me a flawed pup. I love his little pinky nose now.

hi
romeo is absolutley beautiful what ever colour his nose is
sending romeo kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum

Hi - I realize this post is old but I was curious to see if Romeo's nose filled in ? My Tri puppy is 6 month's old and has a butterfly nose . It is 3/4 filled in just wondering about Romeo and if it did fill in how long it took ? My breeder also has a Female Cavalier Grandmother who's name is Pinky !

Romeo is 2 years old now and his nose still has a little pink. One side is almost completely black but the other side has pink about the size of a pinto bean. It makes me sad to think of him without a little pink on his nose. I hope he keeps it, but chances are that it will fill in eventually.

I think he might have it permanently if he is two and has kept his little bit of pink. Maybe others have better information but I think if it's still there by 12-18 months, it will likely stay. :)

This is Byron, my little puppy 9 week old. :l*v:
Byron1.jpg

We love him and his little pink nose. The breeder tell us that the nose will fill in , but in a long time.
Fabio

Maggie has one side of the inside of her nose pink. Lol. I think it's cute. Only notable when I take pics of her at a certain angle. And probably no one but me has ever noticed.

Back