• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coco in Hospital

Tania

Coco has been in heart failure since last October and came to me with heart disease last January. Fortunately she has a very attentive Cardiologist who has prescribed and tweeked all of her drugs so she has maintained a good quality of life.

This morning Coco was coughing a bit, this we due to her heart irritating her trachea as they day wore on her breathing became more laboured and eventually I took her into the Clinic, fortunately her Cardiologist was good enough to come out to her even though he is not on duty.

Coco has a bit of fluid on her right lung, because she has built up a resistance to furosemide, he is trying something different. I can't be, sure but I think he said it was Torasemide and also some Cardalis which is a combination of Spiroloctane and Fortekor, the Cardalis will be topping up what she has already had today.

Even though Coco has not had belly fluid, she is on a low dose of moduret, we had to play around with this a bit because too much made her quite unwell.

Coco is now in an Oxygen tent, he has given her something to stop the irritation of the trachea which will also act a very light sedative.

The main problem with Coco seems to be the mitral valve deteriorating and her heart being so large, so we really are walking a fine line.

At the moment she is comfortable and will know more in the morning.

Sorry to read this. The hospital is the best place for Coco right now. Hopefully they can get the right mixture of medications and she can come home tomorrow. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I have been thinking about Coco all morning Tania. I am sure you will let us know when there is any news.:D

I picked Coco up earlier, we have started her on the new diuretic. She is very quiet and was refusing food until around 3pm which meant I was not able to give her the pottasium she needs. Coco loves the sun, I have wrapped her into a lovely soft baby blanket and taken her outside, she closed her eyes and pointed her nose to the sun and gave a little smile.

I will be in a better position tomorrow to know how she is going to be.

Thank you for your good wishes.

So glad she's home with you. The image of you holding her wrapped in a blanket in the sun warms my heart. :hug:

Just like my Meg - Cavaliers in CHF have a patience, courage and appreciation of small things that breaks your heart.

:hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

PS Margaret said she had passed on my request to reproduce the flier for the Collection Scheme - please don't even think about it, I've adapted the pdf off the website, so it's dealt with.

Wishing all the best for her and for you. So heartbreaking. She is a special little one.

hi tania
thinking of you and cooco i know what you are going through because i went through the same with my rowley at the bridge
my heart goes out to you

Hi Tania, been away for a couple of days, and logged into to CT, so upset to hear about coco, glad you are together, and supporting each other, god bless you. Karen Ruby and Sadie xxx

So sorry to read about Coco, hope that the new diuretic will help her feel more comfortable and she will be feeling a lot better in a few days, good that she is now home with you.

I took Coco to her Cardiologist yesterday. We have been so lucky, he is available on the phone day or night, he has called twice daily to check her progress, depending on how she is her drugs have been tweaked. Coco is on the new diuretic, even though this has helped it has also caused complications.

I have made an appointment for early next week, I have decided it is best to let Coco have her wings. I can't bear the thought of her going through another crisis as there is nothing left for us to try.

Coco adores the sunshine, I am hoping the next few days will be good for her.

In so sorry Tania you must be broken hearted. I know Coco wasn't with you for long - she was a very lucky dog when she found her way to your home -you've given her a great chance and at least she got the best love, treatment and resources that she could. Enjoy the weekend and hopefully it will be spent in warm sunshine. Take care xx

Back