• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How often should I walk my cavaliers

I was wondering how often should I walk my dogs.When my sister and I have some spare time we do walk them but I was wondering what you think about it thank you for reading!cavtiny

I would think they need at least one good, long walk a day if they don't get any other exercise. If you have a large fenced in yard that they run around in all the time the walks wouldn't need to be as long. My girls get a short walk (20 minutes) every morning and a long one (an hour) every evening. Lady is very energetic and even after hours of exercise she doesn't get tired. Gracie on the other hand, I have trouble getting her off the couch for a walk but she's the one that needs it most. But regardless of their energy levels, all dogs need good exercise to stay healthy!

I personally walk Fletcher 3 times a day. We walk Mr. Monster (my son) to and from school at 9am and noon (its exactly a 1/2 mile) Then just Fletcher and I have a nice longer walk in the evenings. I enjoy walking him at the end of the day alone gives me time to relax a little and enjoy some quite. When its raining however Fletcher WILL not walk and I can tell the difference in him being cooped up all day. On those days we play inside ball a little more. I found that children's splash balls (they are pool toys for kids) are wonderful in the house. They are chew proof and light weight so lamps don't go over :) A nice thing about having a small dogs is you can get them some exercise inside.

Also I found that increasing Fletcher exercise helped improve some of those normal but undesirable puppy behaviors. A happy dog is a tired dog. I think you should be walking everyday or some type of activity, its important to keep him healthy.

Once a day seems sufficient to me, unless they get to sprint around a large yard during the day. However, I've read that even though you may have a large yard that walks are a good change of scenery and smells for them...I can only image how bored they get with looking at the same yard. As an alternative to walking some days, we take our girl to our land in the country and the in-law's house - Their property is much bigger and more "interesting" than ours! Little adventures are great for them.

Back