Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cavaliers and toys?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cavaliers and toys?

My cavaliers Lucy & Kingsley don't seem to play with toys and I don't know why?I was wondering if your cavaliers play with toys or not.My mom and I are clueless Lucy has no interested in them and Kingsley doesn't mind them because he use to be in the
    R-royal-S-society-P-prevention-C-cruelty-A-animals because he was homeless and had no where to go.My sister Carla worked there for a while and saw him with a toilet roll and inside it was doggy treats for a little toy after we bought him and tried that at home but he didn't respond at all so does your cavaliers play with toys???

Post Thanks / Like

I wish mine was interested in her toys instead of the bed frame, tax file folders, receipts, bugs, rugs, blankets, pillows, etc. etc. Lady is a chewing machine. So, you're not alone! She has no interest in any toy except the tennis ball outside and a certain kind of bully stick inside. I've wasted so much money on "testing out" toys for her.

3. Likes RodRussell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kingsley chews bouncy balls and plastic stuff(plastic cups & anything he can find)Which leaves me .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine don't care much for toys, except things that can be fetched, rolling treat balls, and stuffed toys that can be de-stuffed.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

When I first got my cavalier he wouldn't play with toys at all didn't seem to know what they were (in his old home he didn't have any ) I had bought loads before I got him and I did find eventually he liked these soft balls that I got used to squeak them a lot and move them around in front of him and then one day he took off after it and would pick it up and run around with it. Other than that has no interest in any other toys though!

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher's favorite toy is Mr. Monster (my son)!!!!!!!!!!!! He will chase anything Mr. Monster throws. Fletcher does not play with ANY toys by himself. He will bring Mr. Monster a ball when he wants to play. However, he is a strong chewer and used to eat fabric so that leaves a lot of toys on the off limits list. It seem the only think Fletcher wants to do with a toy by himself is chew it so we stick with antlers and bully sticks, so far those are his fav chews.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Jazz loves her toys! We have a basket of them in the living room and she helps herself to whatever takes her fancy - the majority are for chewing and she'll sometimes spend half and hour so chewing a nylabone or her antler. She also loves balls, particularly squeaky ones (which then get hidden because the noise drives me insane after a couple of minutes! ). Tennis balls roll under the sofas so they're also banned cos she scratches and barks until we retrieve it for her!!

but, like a few others have mentioned, she's also a thief and will play with anything of ours that she can get her teeth to!!!
    Nicki
    Proud owner of Jazz

Post Thanks / Like

Flynn loves rope toys, and his stuffing free soft toys, and blankets - he carries them all around the condo with him! He does not like tennis balls and is somehow terrified of Kongs (so weird...). His favourite toy though is Mommy's underwear
    Krista
    Flynn, Cavalier, Nov 12, 2012
    Tinkerbell, Tabby Cat, April 1, 2005

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. - Bernard Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Bentley loves his toys, old and new. We get kind of tired of his toys ourselves and buy new ones occasionally. His chewing of our things has 90% stopped. I'm just careful to place my bedroom slippers on a shelf in the closet as he will chew on them if available.

Post Thanks / Like

Lady loves all toys but Gracie isn't interested unless they make a noise or taste good! Gracie's favourite toy is actually a cat toy that makes different noises when it rolls around.
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz