• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavaliers and toys?

My cavaliers Lucy & Kingsley don't seem to play with toys and I don't know why?I was wondering if your cavaliers play with toys or not.My mom and I are clueless Lucy has no interested in them and Kingsley doesn't mind them because he use to be in the
R-royal-S-society-P-prevention-C-cruelty-A-animals because he was homeless and had no where to go.My sister Carla worked there for a while and saw him with a toilet roll and inside it was doggy treats for a little toy after we bought him and tried that at home but he didn't respond at all so does your cavaliers play with toys???:confused:

I wish mine was interested in her toys instead of the bed frame, tax file folders, receipts, bugs, rugs, blankets, pillows, etc. etc. Lady is a chewing machine. So, you're not alone! She has no interest in any toy except the tennis ball outside and a certain kind of bully stick inside. I've wasted so much money on "testing out" toys for her.

Mine don't care much for toys, except things that can be fetched, rolling treat balls, and stuffed toys that can be de-stuffed. :lol:

When I first got my cavalier he wouldn't play with toys at all didn't seem to know what they were (in his old home he didn't have any :( ) I had bought loads before I got him and I did find eventually he liked these soft balls that I got used to squeak them a lot and move them around in front of him and then one day he took off after it and would pick it up and run around with it. Other than that has no interest in any other toys though!

Fletcher's favorite toy is Mr. Monster (my son)!!!!!!!!!!!! He will chase anything Mr. Monster throws. Fletcher does not play with ANY toys by himself. He will bring Mr. Monster a ball when he wants to play. However, he is a strong chewer and used to eat fabric so that leaves a lot of toys on the off limits list. It seem the only think Fletcher wants to do with a toy by himself is chew it so we stick with antlers and bully sticks, so far those are his fav chews.

Jazz loves her toys! We have a basket of them in the living room and she helps herself to whatever takes her fancy - the majority are for chewing and she'll sometimes spend half and hour so chewing a nylabone or her antler. She also loves balls, particularly squeaky ones (which then get hidden because the noise drives me insane after a couple of minutes! ). Tennis balls roll under the sofas so they're also banned cos she scratches and barks until we retrieve it for her!!

but, like a few others have mentioned, she's also a thief and will play with anything of ours that she can get her teeth to!!! :-D

Flynn loves rope toys, and his stuffing free soft toys, and blankets - he carries them all around the condo with him! He does not like tennis balls and is somehow terrified of Kongs (so weird...). His favourite toy though is Mommy's underwear :bang:

Bentley loves his toys, old and new. We get kind of tired of his toys ourselves and buy new ones occasionally. His chewing of our things has 90% stopped. I'm just careful to place my bedroom slippers on a shelf in the closet as he will chew on them if available.

Lady loves all toys but Gracie isn't interested unless they make a noise or taste good! Gracie's favourite toy is actually a cat toy that makes different noises when it rolls around.

Bosco will not fetch at all. However, if something squeeks, he is fascinated and will make it squeek again and again and again. I do have two other dogs (japanese chin) and they all play with each other. Favorite game is "run after Bosco." Chins are known for racing around the house for no reason whatsoever. Bosco joins right in on that game too. I think he thinks he is a chin!

Kookie loves toys, soft toys are off limits now as he kills them in minutes eating fabric and toy stuffing so I got him nyla bone type chews and logs which he loves. He also loves playing with treat toys, figuring out how to get the treats out keeps him amused for ages.

Remy's favorite toy is the laser, which we originally got for our cat, who had passed away last year. He loves it soooo sooo much he will bark at the little box where we keep it when he wants to play, which seems like it is anytime he is awake. He also likes balls and other squeaky toys but my other dog is a toy destroyer so poor Remy is stuck with hard plastic or tough rubbery toys that are not as mush fun to chew.

(japanese chin) Chins are known for racing around the house for no reason whatsoever. Bosco joins right in on that game too. I think he thinks he is a chin!

My mother has two rescued Japanese Chin. One female who was a caged abused dog and the male who was a "untrainable" puppy. Both are well behaved now that they are in my parents home. The female is a very calm girl who loves to wedge herself between you and the arm of the chair you are sitting in. She gets a wild hair every few nights and runs around the house frantic and grabs her toy and will play fetch with herself. A lot of funny sounding grunting comes from her(she was devocalized by the abusive previous owners). Wide open mouth almost in a smile when she gets like this. The male Chin just gets wild every time I come home to visit. He is known for the Chin Spin.

I was hoping that the Cav- and a Chin would be compatible.

Tails has only ever really liked plush or soft toys. He seems to most like toys that look like animals.. ie a teddy of a sheep/pig etc. And has been the same way ever since he arrived at 8 weeks. He doesn't care for anything rubber and isn't that fussed about balls. My mom has a collection of vintage teddy bears and whenever we go there he keeps appearing with teddys in his mouth before going off to hunt for new ones!

I was hoping that the Cav- and a Chin would be compatible.[/QUOTE]

Chin and Cavs are very compatible. The Chins are known for the spinning when happy and they making a funny "woo-woo" sound when happy. Mine race around the house at least twice a day -- its a frenzied run that lasts for all of 5 minutes, but everyone participates! That's great that your Mom was able to rescue them. Chins are very sweet and funny dogs. I would say they are more independent and stubborn than Cav's. They also shed alot!!

Joan

Chin and Cavs are very compatible. The Chins are known for the spinning when happy and they making a funny "woo-woo" sound when happy. Mine race around the house at least twice a day -- its a frenzied run that lasts for all of 5 minutes, but everyone participates! That's great that your Mom was able to rescue them. Chins are very sweet and funny dogs. I would say they are more independent and stubborn than Cav's. They also shed alot!!

Joan

I agree about the independence and the stubborness. They can be very loving but on their own terms.

My chins & cavaliers always got on well. Bridgette has always ruled the roost and would attack my dear old Tommy for his piece of rice cake. Tommy, the perfect gentle cavalier would back away very apologetically. You could almost hear him saying " Sorry Bridgette, I did not know it was yours"

I agree about the independence and the stubborness. They can be very loving but on their own terms.

My chins & cavaliers always got on well. Bridgette has always ruled the roost and would attack my dear old Tommy for his piece of rice cake. Tommy, the perfect gentle cavalier would back away very apologetically. You could almost hear him saying " Sorry Bridgette, I did not know it was yours"

I laughed when I read your line, "Sorry Bridgette, I didn't not now it was yours." Bosco, our CKC is about 20 lbs, and my smaller chin, Sadie is 6 lbs. Bosco treats Sadie the same way. He backs away apologetically! Such a gentleman! Sadie needs only to look at Bosco to get him to drop something or even to get out of her bed. I guess Bosco does not realize he is bigger and could get his way if he wanted. I love both breeds, but for loyalty and "I'll do anythign for you" attitude, I vote for Bosco!

Luke loves to fetch, and will fetch until he can't fetch anymore. There are a few other toys he likes sometimes. Sometimes he'll tug, but not all the time. Most of the time, he just likes all toys to be thrown. He loves squeaky balls too.

My younger dog likes to get balls, but runs straight pass you when he brings it back, my older dog use to do the same. Ollie the younger one has a plastic squeaky pig that he likes to shake and run round with when life is not going his way, it`s really funny to watch.

Back