Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doggie Door

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had one for Ella and she was able to figure it out. I lived on the 3rd floor and had a cheap door that was a glass slide addition to the sliding glass door. I had a balcony (she couldn't jump off) so I thought she could get some sun when I was at work. I even had a pooch potty that I filled with sod. She never used it so I stopped. I don't know if she used it but I don't have a backyard so I didn't have to worry about the other tgings. Not an option now b/c I moved to the first floor that goes out to the street.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

We have one Leo uses but ONLY when Im home. When Im out its locked so he cant get out and no one or anything can come in. Luckily we dont have skunks where I live

I personally find it great, he can come and go as he pleases, my garden is completely walled so he's very safe, as I said I wouldnt leave it open at night or when Im not home.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anniemac View Post
    I had one for Ella and she was able to figure it out. I lived on the 3rd floor and had a cheap door that was a glass slide addition to the sliding glass door. I had a balcony (she couldn't jump off) so I thought she could get some sun when I was at work. I even had a pooch potty that I filled with sod. She never used it so I stopped. I don't know if she used it but I don't have a backyard so I didn't have to worry about the other tgings. Not an option now b/c I moved to the first floor that goes out to the street.
    I live in an apartment as well and leave the balcony door open when I'm home, weather permitting. It was really nice the other day so I thought I'd leave the door ajar for Gracie to get some sun (Lady stays in the kitchen). After about two hours at work I got a call from my super saying my dog had been barking outside for two hours straight!!! It's weird because she doesnt really bark when I am home, except sometimes at dogs below but she stops when I tell her. Obviously she doesnt have the same restraint when she's alone - so no more of that!
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz