Thread: Startles Easily?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Startles Easily?

Lately it seems like Lady is becoming more and more startled by the silliest things. This morning it was a little windy and anything that moved freaked her out and caused her to jump in my lap. When my neighbor slams his car door she jumps. When a piece of paper moves slightly... Has anyone else experienced this?!
    {Lady} {ruby Cavalier, 1 yr.}

{Ray} {wild man kitty}
    {Jane} {Siamese princess kitty}

Post Thanks / Like

Haha this morning the patio umbrella blew and Fletcher jumped...he does it from time to time. Normally I just have to say "its alright" and he's fine does go running away or into my lap. However we do own some battery operated toys like the dinosaur that snarls and makes sounds that Fletcher HATES, he'll run away and bark at that thing....its motion activated too, CREEPY!!!!!

I prefer to say Fletcher is in-tuned instead of a big chicken LOL
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

It was blowing a gale yesterday and Kookie was freaked at a carrier bag that was blowing around in the neighbours garden. The least little noise he reacts to, he is very jumpy.
    Catherine & Kookie

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I am glad I am not the only one! My mother in law's Cav is also a little jumpy, but hers is due to being attacked by a German Shephard recently. I just couldn't think of any reason why Lady would be such a wimp! Bags blowing in the wind definitely freak her out, too!

Post Thanks / Like

Gracie is reallyyy jumpy - when the smoke detector goes off (due to my terrible cooking skills) she will hide in the smallest nook she can find and shake for up to an hour. She's also really sensitive and only needs a simple "no" to make her stop something.

My Lady on the other hand doesn't seem to be frightened by much! She's the opposite of what you say really - anything blowing around and she goes nuts trying to catch it. Blowing leaves or flying insects she will run as hard as she can on her leash to try and get it - into traffic if she could! She actually gave herself some little hotspots under her arms last week because it was so windy and there was so much debris flying about. She doesnt have much street sense . The only thing that seems to make her nervous are big, energetic dogs from our experiences at the dog park.
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

My cavie gets jumpy too when he hears different sounds. Honestly, I think he does it to protect Me!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not alone! I do feel better now! I can't Imagine what she'd do if the smoke alarm went off!!!