• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Startles Easily?

Lady Hoop

Lately it seems like Lady is becoming more and more startled by the silliest things. This morning it was a little windy and anything that moved freaked her out and caused her to jump in my lap. When my neighbor slams his car door she jumps. When a piece of paper moves slightly... Has anyone else experienced this?!

Haha this morning the patio umbrella blew and Fletcher jumped...he does it from time to time. Normally I just have to say "its alright" and he's fine does go running away or into my lap. However we do own some battery operated toys like the dinosaur that snarls and makes sounds that Fletcher HATES, he'll run away and bark at that thing....its motion activated too, CREEPY!!!!!

I prefer to say Fletcher is in-tuned instead of a big chicken LOL

It was blowing a gale yesterday and Kookie was freaked at a carrier bag that was blowing around in the neighbours garden. The least little noise he reacts to, he is very jumpy.

OK, I am glad I am not the only one! My mother in law's Cav is also a little jumpy, but hers is due to being attacked by a German Shephard recently. I just couldn't think of any reason why Lady would be such a wimp! Bags blowing in the wind definitely freak her out, too!

Gracie is reallyyy jumpy - when the smoke detector goes off (due to my terrible cooking skills) she will hide in the smallest nook she can find and shake for up to an hour. She's also really sensitive and only needs a simple "no" to make her stop something.

My Lady on the other hand doesn't seem to be frightened by much! She's the opposite of what you say really - anything blowing around and she goes nuts trying to catch it. Blowing leaves or flying insects she will run as hard as she can on her leash to try and get it - into traffic if she could! She actually gave herself some little hotspots under her arms last week because it was so windy and there was so much debris flying about. She doesnt have much street sense :). The only thing that seems to make her nervous are big, energetic dogs from our experiences at the dog park.

Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not alone! I do feel better now! I can't Imagine what she'd do if the smoke alarm went off!!! :)

Back