• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maggies spay

Super Princess

Maggie got her spay done today. she had a little hernia that needed removed as well.
she was soooooo excited to get there...tail wagging..greeting everyone..
and then... i said her most hated sentence 'bye bye maggie' which means im leaving without her.

she did really well and of course everyone was in love with her by the time she went home.
very groggy...funny she said keep away from the cats (who would probably excite her)
but shes so outa it right now..and the boys know somethings up...even meeko..who really dosnt like her..is laying next to her on the couch.

Awww...sweet Maggie. She won't miss those lady bits at all and will back to her old self in no time. Glad everything went well. Remy sends her a puppy kiss

it seemed to me as if lastnight was a bit of a rough night. i could tell she wasnt very comfortable out here on the couch..so we basically went to bed around 6:00..crawled into my bed and i watched netflix for a few hours.
shes one that takes a bit to encourage to eat on a good day..she was having nothing to do with food yesterday...but she was supposed to take half a pill with food..so by 930 i was phoning toe vet for advice...she said if i absolutly couldnt get her to eat.. give it to her with treats.
well..maggies FAVORITE treat is licking the spooon after i feed the kitty cats tinned food. (ist how i trained her to sit and shake apaw hahah)
so i decided to give her a big old heap of that. well she thought she died and gone to heaven haha ;)

but she was tossing and turning and tryign to get comfortable all night..every now and then a shaky wince.
got her up a few times to go pee as i heard that shed have an active bladder.

this morning..she seems to be back to herself.. she woke me up by crawling ontop of me and giving me lots of kisses.
shes eating her breakfast as i type this..shes a little more bouncy although i know i have to keep her quiet.
im glad to see MY puppy return.

Hi, Jazz was spayed last December and she too was very docile and felt very sorry for herself on the first night. The following day it was almost as if she'd forgotten she'd had an operation and I spent the following few days trying to keep her calm and not bounce and jump in her usual way!!!;)

haha thats pretty much how shes been today..as if nothing happened. she wants to go for walks (im not taking her) but shes trying to drag me down the driveway when we go out.. shes trying to chase the cat... not letting her.. haha little bugger. this should be a fun 10 days ;)

My Lucy Goose sends lots of sisterly hugs to Maggie and hopes that all is going well. Lucy had her spay in late February; she had an afternoon op and slept soundly right through until the following morning (nothing to eat or drink! and our vet said not to give food anyhow...) then next morning it was like nothing had happened; she was off trying to chase Dillon down the hallway!! I had a devil of a job keeping her 'quiet' for 10 days I can tell you. At one point I resorted to carrying her around in my shoulder bag; just to keep her reasonably still......good luck and best wishes xx Katerina Dillon & Lucy Goose :cool:

Naomi is getting spayed on Wednesday... I still haven't figured out how I am going to keep her quiet. I figure I'll replace play time with tv time and cuddling for a few days. Doesn't get her energy out in the same way, but she's happy to munch on a stuffed kong and sit next to me watching a show! (on a towel of course... messy kongs)

Sending happy thoughts to Maggie! They really do perk right back up. They don't even know all the medical benefits they received!

Good luck with Naomi's surgery.
Yes thats my saving grace right now, lots of snuggles to keep her calm and quiet...although even that from time to time ...isnt the greatest. haha.
Ask about a 'soft cone' (if you want) it seems to be a bit more comfortable then those hard ones..and at least from my pov works just as well..shes not able to get at her stitches but is more comfortable. i didnt know they existed.

our doctors office had the kong 'cloud' too..although the receptionst didnt recomend that . said she didnt trust them. so we just opted for a soft cone. your able to fold it the other way too (kinda looks like a bib haha) which wors just as well..shes able to see around her.. but cant get at her stitches.

haha thanks lucy. sounds a lot like maggie...its as if nothing happened...except for the fact she hast to wear her cone. cant understand why . Glad lucy did really well. Good thing we only ever have to do this once. (or once a dog at least)

Back