Thread: Need advice please re dog harnesses

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need advice please re dog harnesses

I really need some advice re dog harnesses, I have always used a step in one without any problem basically as Jasper my older dog did not like anything put over his head so I carried on using the same for Ollie, I bought a new one for Ollie last year as it had got tatty, anyway Ollie has managed to slip out of it three times now, so enough is enough, I was looking at the puppia harnesses, anyone know what they are like for a cavalier that pulls or have any suggestions for another brand that may be good, it does not have to be step in as Ollie does not seem to mind things put over his head. Ollie is about 21 lb and very hairy, so a big boy.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher is a puller and I use the EZ harness http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Walk-Harn...ef=pd_sim_hg_3
    I think because of its design it would be amazing if a dog could slip out of one. They come in 8 sized too, and the size chart is great. I will say its not easiest thing to put on, especially if Ollie gets excited just seeing a leash but it did not take long for Fletcher and I to get the hang of it.

I also have 2 Puppia harnesses, personally I think Fletcher is more comfortable in them and I love that I can just throw them in my washer when they get dirty. I use the Puppia harness in the car, the beach or anywhere I take him where we will not be walking the whole time like camping. When I bought the first one it was a little big on Fletcher but I used it anyway and he never slipped it.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

This is the harness I use http://www.amazon.co.uk/EzyDog-Class...ds=dog+harness

Its brilliant, Leo got out of the Puppia Harness I had for him, although I liked it, it was soft and comfy, he didnt mind it being over his head.
    The EzyDog harness is very good. He's never slipped out of it and its perfect for his seatbelt attatchment when we're in the car.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, thank you for the link, the EzyDog harness looks good, did you get the medium sized one for Leo. The Puppia one might not be so good, I can`t take the chance that Ollie slips out of a harness again, don`t know why it only happens occasionally.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pam,

Leo has the medium size...he's a big boy, he weights just over 10kg. It adjusts really well, Im sure you'll be pleased with it. They do come in an assortment of colours too.
    Leo has a red one !
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

We have the Easy Walk Harness and it is wonderful, but I don't know if you can buy it over in the UK. Sophie gives it the stink eye when she sees it, because she knows she cannot pull and get anywhere with it.