• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

In Loving Memory of our Special Butters

I truly understand how much you miss Butters. In time, the pain will ease but I don't think we ever get over the loss completely. I k ow I felt a sense of peace when I brought Sydney's ashes home. I made a special spot for them with our favorite picture hanging on the wall above. I also have another beautiful wooden box that I put some of his favorite toys in, special memories, etc. Things that mean so much. You'll find your own way to honor Butters.

I smile each morning when I see my calendar and beautiful Butters is looking out at me.

Thanks, Joyce. I know you understand, with what you went through with the passing of your beloved Sydney. My husband and I will keep in mind what you have written as we think about what to do with Butters' special things.

It's terribly hard when you get these tangible reminders of Butters - especially since they bring up all these memories of things you wanted to do with him and the special relationship you anticipated that he would have with your son. That has to be one of the saddest things I'm sure, knowing that your son will never know Butters' love and affection. You have some beautiful pictures of Butters that you can share as he grows older and you can make up bedtime stories for him about the courageous Butters and his antics.

Oh goodness, I'm just seeing this!

I'm heartbroken over the loss of your dear Butters. I remember many a time seeing your wonderful pictures, and that beautiful face of your sweet dog.

It is never easy to lose a beloved pet. Things will bring up raw feelings from time to time, even when you think you're doing better.

But I am so thankful you have your new son to be able to fill your time, and help ease the loss you are feeling.

I know that for me, writing about my dogs I've lost helped me immensely. So, do what you need to do to, whatever helps. And know others are thinking about you.

Back