• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thank you

Salt

Hello I have been reading this forum for the last couple of years but have not been brave enough to post a message until now. My Cavalier 'Pepper' was diagnosed with severe SM via an MRI scan when she was 18 months old. She will be 6 in May. We have had our ups and downs over the years and this last spell of snowy weather was quite hard for her but generally speaking she is a brave happy little dog. The symptoms she has are being well controlled at the moment by her medication Gabapentin and Prednisolone. We still go for small walks, she still jumps on the furniture and chases her toys. The main reason for my post is to say a big thank you to everyone because your posts and advice have really helped me and Pepper over the years. You have all made a real difference.:thnku:

Glad that other people's experiences have been so helpful; sharing information and management approaches can be very important I think. Thank you for posting and sharing you story. I hope Pepper stays nice and comfortable. :)

It is amazing that when you get your dog's diagnosis of severe SM, you think that their life is over. But as you are witness to with Pepper, it might be a different kind of life, but it is still a good life, one in which she can still enjoy her walks and toys and snuggles on the couch, - even 4+ years after her diagnosis. Thank you for writing and letting us know how much all of our stories have meant to you. It helps to share both the good times as well as the struggles with SM. I know I've posted several times about how much I hate SM, even though Riley's coping really well. There's just nothing to like about it in my mind. That being said, I'm so glad that Pepper is comfortable and managing well with her meds.

Thank you for your replies and good wishes it is really much appreciated. I would have been lost without this fantastic forum so just had to let you all know. :)

Back