• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Here we go again!

meljoy

Leo has another anal gland abcess :cry*ing: It burst this afternoon but still has loads of yuck in it !!

I took him to the vet this afternoon and despite her efforts he was NOT going to let her try and express what she could. (To be honest I dont blame him)
Im sure the people in the waiting area thought we were murdering him....poor little thing.
So we have pain killers and antibiotics, we go back on monday morning if there's improvement all well and good if not he'll have to have an anaestetic and have it expressed whilst alseep.

He used to have such problems but since starting the oatbran had done really well.

I now how the lovely job of cleaning the abcess twice a day.....good job Im not squeemish.

Poor Leo and poor you for getting the nasty clean up job :grnyuk:
I sure hope the antibiotics work and Leo starts to feel better.

Poor Leo, that must be so painful and I guess you can`t blame him for not wanting them expressed. Hopefully the medication will make him feel so much better by next week and things will be easier.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Ive just got in from work and put Leo in the bath with the shower appropriatley placed if you get my meaning icon_blshing

He didnt even squeal today. The wound looked better today so Im really hoping he wont need an anaestetic on monday.

How awful for Leo, poor little lamb, this must be so painful for him, glad to hear he is a bit better today. I don't know if this is worth a mention but we have all our dogs (3 cavs with the eldest 3 years) on Protexin and so far none have had any problems with anal glands.

How awful for Leo, poor little lamb, this must be so painful for him, glad to hear he is a bit better today. I don't know if this is worth a mention but we have all our dogs (3 cavs with the eldest 3 years) on Protexin and so far none have had any problems with anal glands.

Thanks. Ive had him on Pro-Fibre before that we got from the vet....we found that Oatbran works just as well and is much much cheaper.

Thanks for the advice though
Mel X

hi meljoy
oh poor leo i hope he has a speedy recovery
sending leo kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum

Thanks. Ive had him on Pro-Fibre before that we got from the vet....we found that Oatbran works just as well and is much much cheaper.

Thanks for the advice though
Mel X

I put a dash of ground flax seed in their food when I think of it, every few days or so. I've never had an issue with anal glands for my 3 either. I hope Leo is feeling better soon!

Joan

Back