• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First Time Cavalier Owner

cwk1963

Glad I found this site. My name is Christopher. My introduction to Cavaliers was the first time I went to the home of one of my step-daughter's friends. They have a blenheim which was about 4 years old at the time. I sat on the couch and Charlie proceeded to plant himself on my lap and stayed as long as I was there. I did not know about Cavaliers before this experience and fell in love with the breed. We embarked on a journey to find "our" Charlie and found a tri-color puppy. At the time we got Toby (our 2 girls named him) he was so tiny. He was shy at first but pretty quickly warmed up and before long was being chased/chasing our cat who was only about 6 months older than he. He was so small he could run underneath the coffee table without ducking but before long he bumped his head one day. He is now 4 years 4 months old and weights 24 pounds but doesn't look overweight. He is full of energy, loves to play, go for walks and rides in the car and sleeps on my pillow at night. When I get home at night he will play fetch with me for literally hours with only a break here and there. He is such a wonderful addition to our family. I have had dogs before (Shih-tzu, St. Bernard, Collie) but none can compare to a cavalier. He is truly my buddy. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures of Toby, I will.

Welcome Christopher! Toby sounds like your typical cavalier. Can't wait to hear more about him and see pictures.

Be careful Christopher. As you can see by my signature, cavaliers are addictive! You might find soon that one is not enough and that Toby needs a little buddy!! So glad that you brought him into your lives. Cavaliers are indeed wonderful and welcome to Cavalier Talk. I too have a cav (Oliver, my Blenheim) who weighs in at about 24 pounds - not overweight, just a bigger cav. Whereas my other 3 are 12-15 pounds.

Back