• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Suspected conjunctivitus - off the the vets

Nix105

This morning I noticed Jazz was out of sorts and realised she wasn't opening her right eye very well. Recently she's been having some problems with her eyes where they water and give off that "yeasty" smell and I have some eye drops from the vets to help this. But having seen my dog walker/carer this morning she immediately felt it was conjuntivitus and therefore Jazz could not go to her usual doggie day care today as she mustn't pass it to the other dogs.... so off we go to the vets again this afternoon..... poor Jazz though, she looks so sad and fullorn today, she doesn't cope with being unwell bless her :(

It turned out that jazz has a small ulcer on each eye -no wonder she was so out of sorts. We have eye ointment which she is not impressed with, but today she's much more herself and her eye is opening more now. Plenty of rest this weekend so she rests her eyes - she'll never complain about having lots of cuddles though, she's snoring away next to me as I type!!!

im now thinking this may become an ongoing problem - that was the 3 rd visit in 3 months to the vets because of her eyes.

were back for another check on Monday but I'm certain things are improving already.

Oh Bless her. Glad she'd improving......you can never give/get too many cuddles :wggle:

As Jazz seems to be prone to eye problems, it would be worth asking your vet to refer you to an ophthalmologist for a throrough examination (hopefully you have insurance that would pay for it - ours was about £200). They have equipment that GP vets don't and can often pick up an underlying problem. My Aled, for example, had had sore eyes ever since I had him, sometimes bad, sometimes better; the ophthalmologist picked up that he has a variety of keratosis that is due not to lack of tears as in dry eye, but because his tears are poor quality and not providing the fat and protein needed to keep his eyes in good condition. Equally usefully, when Aled recently started squinting a lot, I could check out with the ophthalmologist, who assured me that his examination had revealed no other underlying problems and the squinting should almost certainly be regarded as a symptom of Aled's CM/SM. In the meantime it's good that Jazz is responding to treatment.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back