• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Accidents

Super Princess

I know she's still a puppy...and puppys have accidents...and some..probably our..accidents are preventable. but they're still frusterating.

Maggie sleeps in my bed..
and lastnight...she HADDDD to go...oh more then an hour before her regular time/last empty..around 7. (her regular last empty timei s 830) so i took her. she went.
830 rolls around and she poops..but isnt peeing......try...try...wait..nothing..kitty cat comes around..shes distracted..her best buddys out to play. ;)
so we head inside...we get into bed..and i was just about to watch my shows on my ipad....when i look over...
shes peed in my bed.

I was sooo mad. she went in her kennel while i cleand up..switched the sheets...then i got into bed by myself and tried to watch my shows. oh she was LOOSING it in her kennel.
maggie can throw a tantrum like no bodys buisness.
eventually i let her back up onto my bed (was always the plan anyways) and she was very sorry..snuggling and kisses.

she goes through the night most nights..and will jump down offf the bed to tell me if she cant hold it.

this morning..we woke up...alls good. I decide to make my bed before going out for our pee (oh big mistake mama) look over..shes peed on the carpet.

I shoulda stayed out longer last night
shoulda taken her out before i made the bed....

but she didnt tell me and it was frusterating.

oh man.
i guess if thats all..im fairly lucky..she rarely has any accidents these days.. lol

How annoying. You're very brave I didnt let Leo sleep with me at night as a pup as Im not very good when Im sleep deprived.
If we stay at friends now he sleeps with me and he's fine but then he's 6 yrs old now.

If we're home he sleeps in his own bed down stairs.

Hahahaaa that's a little girl for ya :swear: bratty but completely lovable. My parents have a dog who has a habit of lifting his leg on their pillows :grnyuk: I don't know why they let him in their room. He's really small and like 100 years old but still....

Chelsea I remember taking Fletcher in and out several times to get him to go before bed. We go out wait I would tell him to "go potty" he would stand there as if to say "who me?" I would eventually just bring him in take him WITH me to brush my teeth etc. for bed then back out. Once or twice that didn't work so we went to bed but I got up and brought him back out as soon as we were settled. I've had children the up and down thing is no big deal to me. Sometimes this still happens....he waits by the bathroom door instead of coming outside. Oh the joys of owning a dog :w**h**:

thats kinda what my plan was melissa... i had taken her out..nothing.. (well then simba distracted her) but since she had NEEDED out ..oh an hour and ah alf or so before..i thought maybe she didnt have to go just then. so i came in..got the cats fed...was gonna climb into bed to watch my shows on the ipad...and then was going to take her out to try again... except we had JUST climbed into bed when she peed.

weather she thought we were in bed for the night..and needed to relive some pressure? thats what her breeder suggested. also suggested she coudla been a little mad. (only thing shed be mad about is instead of letting her run my room..i put her up on the bed) i dont know.

haha Mel.. my mom woudl have a different word then brave. stupid probably. ;) i was ranting to her when i dropped maggie off at grandpas yesterday. (grandparents live in my parents suiet)
and she goes "i know you dont want to hear my advices..but i would not let her sleep in your bed till shes a year old" I was gonna wait untill summer...when she was a bit older..but so many people on here said they had since they were puppies..and i absolutly love it (minus the rare couple accidents) shes very snuggly..but smart about it too.. unlike the cat who just has never been able to sleep in the bed. (he gets all up in my face...kneeds me with his claws and rubs his cold wet yucy nose all over me)
maggie gives me space untill i fall asleep then she moves over and snuggles into my back or arms. lol its funny. she also is very very good untill *I* am ready to get up. shes still and calm..waits untill im basically rolling outa bed..even if shes awake.

Back