Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Added a new Cavalier puppy to our family!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Added a new Cavalier puppy to our family!

Her Name is Velvet, and she is 9 weeks old now, she came home 6 days ago. Isn't she pretty!!!

Bentley is having a bit of a hard time with it all, but he is getting better. He was pretty bent out of shape the first couple of days (they were good on neutral ground, but as soon as we walked through the door of the house and he realized she was there with us, he got really growly and snarley with her. The growling is over so is the snarling, but I can tell he is not super thrilled still, he does try to hump her now and then which I am not allowing. (he is neutered so it is dominance related) But that is becoming less and less of an issue as each day goes on. Now to just get them to stop trying to steal each others toys and bully sticks.

Bentley does not look thrilled here! lol.. I was saying "I am in CAVALIER Heaven" when DH took this pic

It was a LONG ride home with a mouthy puppy and a 2 year old cavie boy who was not interested in sharing my lap with her lol.
    Loving my Tricolor boy Bentley and his brand new black and tan sister Velvet!
    http://teagirl81.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like

she has mri'd parents too!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations she's beautiful. I'm sure Bentley will become great friends with her in time
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

We send our congratulations Velvet is very pretty indeed....
    Dillon tri boy and Lucy Goose our ruby girl & Katerina, that's me!

Post Thanks / Like

I had two Japanese Chin prior to getting Bosco. They were NOT pleased with his arrival,and it took a few weeks for things to settle down. All is well now and they are good friends.

As the owner of only 1 CKC lap dog, I do wonder about how owners of multiple Cavs handle doling out all the affection. Chins are pretty independent, but still need their share of attention. Bosco will physically insert his body between me and a Chin when its affection time. Do you guys watch TV with t 2-3 Cavs on your lap??

joan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joandesan View Post
    Bosco will physically insert his body between me and a Chin when its affection time. Do you guys watch TV with t 2-3 Cavs on your lap??

joan
    ...absolutely, one is anchored to my thigh and the other climbs on my shoulder..so there's definitely room for more
    Dillon tri boy and Lucy Goose our ruby girl & Katerina, that's me!

Post Thanks / Like

She's beautiful. My little girl is also a black and tan. Like you, we got her at 9 weeks and she is now three. My wife and I are retired so we spend everyday with her. My wife says I spoil her and I admit it - why not?! I wanted a second cavvie but the wife (boss) says no. I am inclined to agree with her as Sam would probably be jealous of any attention drawn to another animal. Either way, I'm grateful to have her and enjoyed your pictures and pleasant memories they generated.

Post Thanks / Like

My heart just melted....I love the blk/tans. Bentley and Velvet will be best friends before you know it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dillboy View Post
    ...absolutely, one is anchored to my thigh and the other climbs on my shoulder..so there's definitely room for more

LOL! I can easily picture it!

Post Thanks / Like

They are doing fine now he likes her when she is not trying to play with him, but does not like her rough puppy play and gets after her, plays rough back... which normally is not like him.. he is the dog that likes to greet the other dogs at the dog park then go on his way after a bottom sniff. He is much more playful with her than any other dog.. they are rough, She drives him bonkers so I only allow supervised play, and separate them if I can't supervise (she is crated if I cant actually) but she has a safe play area, they chew bully sticks on opposite sides of it so they can get used to it but not steal each others.. that seems to work for now. Same with toys, I have not brought those into the mix yet as the one time I did they played tug of war with a Wubba and she could not win, so I took it away. They are so cute, when she is calm he doesn't mind her a bit, but that is not often lol.

11. Thanks Joanie Davison thanked for this post