• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anybody used a pram/stroller for their dog?

PaddysMummy

Hi

I was looking at buying a doggy pram/stroller for Maddie for when we go on holiday (staying in the UK) so we can go on lots of nice walks without leaving her behind.

Has anybody used any that are under £40? Or has anybody used a regular pram as opposed to one specific for a dog?

I'm worried a childs buggy wouldn't be big/comfy enough as she wouldn't be able to lie down properly, unless it was a pram that was for younger babies that lay right back.

Thanks
Hayley

I have used a pet buggy for my Japanese Chins & know of other owners that have found them useful for ill or elderly dogs. I bought mine years ago. It was a special offer and I think it was about £20. A cavalier could lie down in it and it has mesh netting that can be zipped up to enclose the buggy completely, although that would be no barrier to a determined dog of any size.

I don't use the buggy at the moment and would be happy to lend it short term to anyone who needs it. They would need to collect and deliver it back to Hatfield.

I use a stroller for my two special needs dogs. They absolutely love going out in it.

I bought mine from a show friend whose dogs refused to go near it. I paid her half of what she paid for it, which was £40. It is still in very good condition after 3 years' regular use.

I believe Pets at Home sell them but I'm not sure of the prices.

My sister's used one when their cavalier had a leg op so they could still take her out. I used the same one when Kookie was a pup so I could take him out before he was safe after his puppy injections. It was brilliant and neither of the dogs minded at all. They can't remember how much it cost though.

We bought a proper pet stroller when our elderly cocker spaniel was no longer able to walk very far. She was blind and suffered from kidney disease and cushings syndrome, but we hated leavingg her behind. She really enjoyed sitting there, safely strapped in and trundling along - I think she felt every inch a queen! We did get a few odd glances but we care not!!! The stroller is folded and kept under the stairs nowadays, but I can see how useful it would be say if we were unable to drive to the vets for instance for some reason, or one of the dogs was immobile - I am glad we bought it. I think ours was around 60 euros; but exceptionally well made and an absolute breeze to assemble.:cool:

I got a child's stroller off of craigslist for free maybe 5 years ago. It went all the way back so Misha could stretch out quite comfortably. We used it the past 5 years and it was great, but big. For taking him in places or in busy areas, I found the Tough Traveler to be ideal. You can even see us under customer comments and photos but I'll post the photo here. Misha was 22lbs and that was the absolute maximum I would recommend as he just barely fit.

VanessaMisha.jpg

Back