Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Rimadyl kill?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    I have read these articles and I still state that Pimobendan has helped MY DOG and a few others I know of...I myself have to take medication that is allowed for sale in all or most European countries but not the US as there are risks I say again WITH ALL MEDICATIONS.

Also when I posted about Pippin before I was asking for the advice of people who had their dogs on these meds. I wasn't asking for your one sided opinion on my vet or my dog, so please stop being so negative...BTW I still don't think you needed to post about Rimadyl as it was a one sided view and many people have good results with it.

You don't agree, fine, let's leave it there...please.
    So, Pippa, you still insist upon trying to edit (or I should say, "edit out") my posts. First, we've had three (count 'em: 3) cavaliers on pimobendan, so I qualified, under your strict editorial standards, to respond to your inquiry about pimo. Second, I don't need to post any comments anywhere, but if a dog dies of a drug frequently prescribed to CM/SM cavaliers, and the vet gets sued for prescribing that drug, I should be allowed to post a link to an article on that subject under the SM and MVD forum here.

Just because many dogs have good results from pimo, or get relief from Rimadyl, does not mean that stories about dogs dying from the premature administration of pimo, or the overdose of Rimadyl, should be banned from being posted on bulletin boards such as this one.

When you start your own email list, Pippa, you may make your own tight, restrictive rules about what may be posted. On my Yahoo email list (http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/MVDincavaliers/), we have no restrictions as to access, and if member want to post about CKCS health topics other than MVD, then may do so and have done so.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like

I was referring to your opinion on my vet as you well know and I asked for advice on how people's dogs got on with this drug along with another one not pimobendan alone, so regardless of how many Cavaliers you had on the drug that was not my question, CHECK THE OLD POST what I DIDN'T ask for was your statistics not once did I ask for anyone's opinion on whether my dog should be on it.

RE, this original post I am not trying to edit or restrict your posts I just stated that your post was negative and one sided, and it is, it was about one dog and the article you linked doesn't explain much of the story at all.

Post what you like but don't keep trying to convince me to agree with you as for your statement.....

we have no restrictions as to access, and if member want to post about CKCS health topics other than MVD, then may do so and have done so.

I never said you or any other member couldn't, so get off your high horse and lighten up.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

... it was about one dog and the article you linked doesn't explain much of the story at all.
    Pippa, the link explained the entire story thus far.

... so get off your high horse and lighten up.
    Lighten up? That's ironical, Pippa!
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RodRussell View Post
    Owners of dead Labrador retriever sue New York veterinarian for prescribing Rimadyl. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...tuFhls400nuCvN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukesmom View Post
    This article barely gives any details. And Rimadyl apparently does have a warning label, according to this article in USA Today.
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...ain-usat_x.htm
    [QUOTE=RodRussell;431170]Pippa, the link explained the entire story thus far

I still only see ONE side of this story in the link, clearly someone else feels it is lacking in detail...I may have being wrong in saying lighten up, what I mean is don't always look for the negatives, try posting something positive about Cavaliers..

All I'm saying is post when you can present all of the story not just one side of it, but clearly you have a problem with this and an opinion on certain medications that you feel you have to share, so go ahead, be all doom and gloom. I have made my point and have nothing more to add.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

... All I'm saying is post when you can present all of the story not just one side of it, but clearly you have a problem with this and an opinion on certain medications that you feel you have to share, so go ahead, be all doom and gloom. I have made my point and have nothing more to add.
    Well that's good, so maybe I'll get one more crack at it. Pippa, you apparently are trying -- but woefully failing -- to read my mind. I have no problem with presenting both sides, or many sides, of a story. But for this story, it was fully contained in the linked newspaper article, so a link to the article gets you to the whole story as it has been told publicly to date.

I am not "all doom and gloom" about pimobendan or carprofen (Rimadyl), or whatever. I think pimo, when prescribed at the proper time, is "a silver bullet", as one cardiologist wrote about it. I think carprofen, when properly prescribed and closely monitored, likewise is a valuable NSAID. (As does Dr. Rusbridge in her treatment guideline -- http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.../treatalgo.pdf) But I certainly don't see the need to interject the full range of pro and con arguments about either drug when all I am doing is relaying what I found to be an interesting and somewhat startling bit of information I found in my newspaper this past week.

Your view about what I think is just flat wrong.
    Rod Russell