• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toy options

anniemac

I'm going crazy finding a toy for Elton that will replace his "Rupert". Tried several non stuffed animals, kongs, rope toys and I'm sure more. Today I thought he liked this ball with a rope (I tried another one before) in the store so I bought it. He will not touch it. I bought him bully sticks and he won't touch them. He WILL chase a ball but only if no other dogs around.

Ideas?

does he de-stuff toys? My cavalier's favorite toy is a squeeky mouse made for cats. You can find it at walmart or any store...but not good for dogs that de-stuff.

I give stuffed toys, then once they get a hole, I perform a "stuff-ectomy" (removing all the fluff), and give the shell back. The toys are still popular in this state.

I also have several dragon toys we got at petsmart, they have Chew Guard Technology (TM). They crinkle and squeak, have held up really well, and been very popular.

This is the toy: http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsma...sp?productId=18049416&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No

And the one review hated it, go figure. Although, I don't think ours have any stuffing and never did, maybe the reviewer bought a different dragon toy.

But to make a toy interesting, let another dog play with it for 1-2 weeks, then take Elton to that dog's house and "steal" the toy. Stealing a toy instantly propels any toy into the AWESOME category.

Skippy has a bunch of toys too, and even if we leave them out (we tend not to leave stuffed toys out as he often swallows the stuffing and gags himself), he will not play with them of his own accord. He will only get excited if we play with the toys -with- him. He was probably a little more interested in them when he was a puppy due to his teething, but I guess now he knows the toys aren't fun if they just sit there by themselves doing nothing.

Maggie adores stuffed animals.
but ive found few to be very durrable.
one im really pleased with is acutally my favorite ( :D ) i bought it before i picked her up from the breeders...it came with us for the trip home.
it's still in one piece..and no wear to it.

http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11206241#1 horrible pic..at least on my computer..its giant and blury..but it is cute ..stuffing in head/feet but its body is stuffless..and like i said durable. shes' killed lambchops, alligator and monkey (both kong) giraffe (stuffless) is starting to go

Back