Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm supposed to name her for the AKC? uhmm.. ideas anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    oh i love annes flip flop. it really made me smile.
    I wish I could take credit but my mom helped me with the full name. I came up with Flip but she did the rest.

It's hard because you come up with nicknames later or can figure out what suits personality. I called Ella "Ella Bella" or "pooh". Elton I call "my munchkin" or "clown". Someone said that cavaliers with an all white face are called "clown" face. I think the name suits him but for his personality. He is a clown and boy does he make me laugh!! It is fun to come up with names but the nicknames just kind of pop in your head.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Annie was the other name in the running. But, when we got to the breeders and chose 'Lucie' My boyfriend looked down at her and said that she was most difinately Lucie.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a lot of fun thinking of Lady's name!

I named her Lady Grace of Waverley II (so regal! haha). Lady is her call name (and also her mum's name, hence the II), and Waverley was my street name.

It was coincidental that I got Gracie a few months later and kept her name. But I think most mix the dam and sire's names with the breeder's - I wanted to do something more fun.

And in response to Rod, in my case the breeder just asked me to pick a name but she registered the puppies. If I didn't pick the name she would have just picked one herself.
    Last edited by cpell009; 22nd May 2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes the dogs can be named the opposite way round - my sister has always kept Shelties, and has had several from the same breeder who encourage her to have a couple of litters. In one litter she had three pups two girls and a boy, and used a floral theme for their pet names called them Flower, Blossom and Bud. Flower and Bud were potential show dogs - Flower went to a new home, Bud's buyer backed out saying "his tail was too long"!! So my sister kept him and her breeder showed him for her and he actually was good enough for Crufts. But the point of all this is that when he got his "proper" name (and I can't remember the affix) the breeder registered him as [whatever his affix was] Budweiser,which really pissed my sister off !

Rosemary