Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello

Hi, I'm Patty and live in the New York City area. I'm the Customer Service Manager with a large no-kill animal shelter located on Long Island. When I started working there I had one dog, a German Shepherd. Over the last three years I managed to add 3 Cavaliers as well.

All my Cavaliers are rescues from commercial breeding mills. Grace who is 6 & a blenheim was my first. She is the smallest and least traditional looking Cavalier, but also has the fewest health issues. Hayley is my tri-color girl and is about 9. She has MVD. We go for echocardiograms every six months, but fortunately so far she doesn't need any meds. Maddie is 2 and also a blenheim. She was recently diagnosed with SM and has surgery scheduled in the near future.

Even with all the health issues, I wouldn't trade them for any other breed in the world. Cavaliers have to be the sweetest most loving dogs in the world.
    Patty & the Girls
    Grace, Blenheim Cav, Hayley, Tri-Color Cav, Maddie Blenheim Cav, Keira, GSD

2. Likes Joanie Davison liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Patty. Like you, our family also started out with a GSD who had the sweetest temperament. We were lucky as she was a rescue. Over the years we've added four cavaliers, so you've got to add one more to catch up to us, although our GSD died about a year after we got Oliver. I also have one with SM who had surgery 5 years ago and is doing really well. I just love these dogs!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Patty! This is a great place to hang out and talk about our cavaliers. We got our first cavalier, Sydney, in 2000, as a puppy and just fell in love with him and the breed. Sadly, he passed last year at 12 years from heart disease. We now have BellaMia, an 8 month ruby who is full of energy.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group. We have an 11 year old Tri male, Sam Tailor, and a 2 1/2 year Blenheim male, Gibbs, who we rescued this past February. We lost our female Blenheim, Emma Lou, 3 years ago to MVD. We will continue to rescue and adopt these precious babies.
    Joanie
    Sam Tailor (11 year old Tri) and Gibbs (2 1/2 year old Blenheim)
    Emma Lou (Nov. 27, 2000 - June 10, 2010)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

pattyg
    from louie and his mum
    looking forward to seeing some photos of your beautiful cavaliers