• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello

PattyG

Hi, I'm Patty and live in the New York City area. I'm the Customer Service Manager with a large no-kill animal shelter located on Long Island. When I started working there I had one dog, a German Shepherd. Over the last three years I managed to add 3 Cavaliers as well.

All my Cavaliers are rescues from commercial breeding mills. Grace who is 6 & a blenheim was my first. She is the smallest and least traditional looking Cavalier, but also has the fewest health issues. Hayley is my tri-color girl and is about 9. She has MVD. We go for echocardiograms every six months, but fortunately so far she doesn't need any meds. Maddie is 2 and also a blenheim. She was recently diagnosed with SM and has surgery scheduled in the near future.

Even with all the health issues, I wouldn't trade them for any other breed in the world. Cavaliers have to be the sweetest most loving dogs in the world.

Welcome Patty. Like you, our family also started out with a GSD who had the sweetest temperament. We were lucky as she was a rescue. Over the years we've added four cavaliers, so you've got to add one more to catch up to us, although our GSD died about a year after we got Oliver. I also have one with SM who had surgery 5 years ago and is doing really well. I just love these dogs!

Welcome Patty! This is a great place to hang out and talk about our cavaliers. We got our first cavalier, Sydney, in 2000, as a puppy and just fell in love with him and the breed. Sadly, he passed last year at 12 years from heart disease. We now have BellaMia, an 8 month ruby who is full of energy.

Welcome to the group. We have an 11 year old Tri male, Sam Tailor, and a 2 1/2 year Blenheim male, Gibbs, who we rescued this past February. We lost our female Blenheim, Emma Lou, 3 years ago to MVD. We will continue to rescue and adopt these precious babies.

icon_welcomepattyg
from louie and his mum
looking forward to seeing some photos of your beautiful cavaliers

Back