• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pine cones

Super Princess

We live in a very nice neighbourhood... and there are lots of tall pine trees lining the streets and yards.
Every night we go for a walk, maggie will find 'the perfect pine cone' and pick it up.
she will proceed to take it all the way home. she drops it about 18 times...sometimes it bounces into the street (at which point if its safe either i or she picks it up)
if i try to leave it behind..she pulls at me so she can get it.
She carries it about 10-15 minutes.
she LOVES pinecones.

of course when we get home...after shes carried her treasure all the way home..i have to take it away from her.. its not good for her to eat...which she would given the chance.

They should make doggy pine cones.. hah.. some kinda toy that resembles a pinecone..mabye smells like it...i dont know. something. i feel bad...its her TREASURE.

Welcome to the club maggie!

So has there been a study to determine if it is breed specific? ;)

Jazz doesn't so much collect pine cones but she collects sticks, they have to be the correct size and shape, like a fat cigar! She's now knows that we won't let them in the house, so she leaves them at the front door and the collects them
when we next take her out! She's a funny little soul!!!

Chuck i litterly Laughed out oud at that picture. that is priceless. i ment to post one of maggie lastnight.. but i forgot.

http://twitpic.com/csiqyp

Nicki, i have...somewhere...a picture of oliver..with a 'cigar stick' in his mouth. he picked it up and litterly had it hanging outa one side of his mouth..carried it all the way home. soo cute :D

love these guys

Oliver is in the "Pine Cone Club" also. Like Maggie he will search and search for the perfect cone. I will point out ones that I think are perfect, but unless they fit his criteria (whatever that is on that particular day) he keeps searching. Once he finds it, the walk is over and he turns around and starts heading home. I wish I had a picture. Chuck, that picture is so cute!

My mum used to have a Aus silky terrier that would always greet visitors by picking up a leaf and offering it to the visitor ! Aren't dawgs funny in the little things they DO...

Back