• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

scrambled eggs?

Super Princess

I was making myself some french toast this evening..and decided to add the left over scrambled egg to the pan.
i cooked it up and topped maggies kibble off wit it.. it wasnt very much..just the left overs.

she went NUTS for it...even as i was cooking it..she never beggs for food but it was as if she knew i was cooking her something.

Ive googled it a bit..theres differing opinions.
its okay as a once in a while thing?
anyone else feed their doggys eggs?

Eggs are fine for dogs. Two points: a cavalier will not tell you if you are overdoing it, they'll just get fat; and raw egg whites block the absorption of biotin. Fortunately egg yolk is very high in biotin, so even if you do feed raw egg whites occasionally it's no big deal.

I do a fried egg nearly every night, I cook the whites then place the yolk on top just before pulling off the heat. The yolk coats the kibble very nicely.

It's useful to get dogs used to scrambled egg (not hard with a Cavalier!) because if they ever have to go on a bland diet, scrambled egg on its own or with rice works well to tempt them to eat.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I have just recently started adding scrambled eggs to the dogs food. I do it about once a week. However they got it both today and yesterday as i forgot to take their meat out of the freezer to defrost over night.
They love it, and it is doing no harm. not sure if it has benefits, but we always have eggs (our neighbours have chickens) so it is an easy food topper for them!

Fletcher gets a a lightly fried egg on his food a few times a week. He loves it! Just remember if you add things into her food to reduce the amount of kibble so your not overfeeding her. Not like she is gonna complain :)

Back