Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kennedy Update and a Big Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

Im sending positive thoughts and a LOT of love to kennedy.

Tell your friend we're all thinking of her and wishing her the best

Mel XX
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! I was hoping for a good outcome today. I hope kennedy is okay, sometimes a dog is extra sensitive to the drugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Kennedy is going home. Still don't know what is going on

Thanks everyone. Kennedy is out of the woods and Kat will be able to take him home today. The cardiologist told her the findings before I wrote that he was in the ICU but after then said she was scared for a moment because Kennedy's heart stopped.

The CT (cat scan) showed no abnormalities. There were findings when they looked at his nose and throat, including scarring and inflamation. It was already noted that he had slanted nostrils (stenoic nares) and has had surgery when he was young for Brachycephalic Airyway Syndrome which they said caused scarring. None of that was new but there was significant inflammation among other things. I found interesting http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet...e-in-dogs/2143

it said "dogs with this syndrome have an increased risk of complications associated with general anesthesia"... that is probably some of what happened.

Dr. Sayer (cardiologist) said that interestingly his breathing has much improved since before the testing. I don't know if they removed some build up?

I am so glad he is out of the woods but I also feel bad because not much new was learned so far. They mentioned prednisone and prilosec (he had bad stomach issues with prilosec) and has tried prednisone. Kennedy also had an adverse reaction to benedryl which the Dr. said was interesting because it could be similar to the pain medication.

Kat said this was the worst pain she has ever been through. I will not share her personal issues but she has gone through a lot this year.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

4. Thanks Joanie Davison, RodRussell thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So happy that Kennedy is out of the woods and going home! What a big relief.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry that Kat and Kennedy are having to go through this.

Hugs from Texas
    Joanie
    Sam Tailor (11 year old Tri) and Gibbs (2 1/2 year old Blenheim)
    Emma Lou (Nov. 27, 2000 - June 10, 2010)

Post Thanks / Like

Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)