• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chaning dosage on bad days

Sabby

I haven’t been on here in ages. As some of you will know all 3 of my dogs have SM.They were diagnosed 2 years ago.
Over time I have noticed (also talking to other owners with SM dogs) that weather change & air pressure has a huge affect on them.
Rosie & Ebony are on 4x 100mg Gabbapentin and 3x Zitac a day. When the air pressure is bad I add Previcox (like Metacam) once a day. This last week the pressure has been up & down like a yo yo and I never have seen them scratch so badly.
My Question is – My vet said it would be ok to up the Gabbapentin to 3x200mg a day on bad days. As they usual manage well on the 4x100mg I don’t really want to keep them on 3x200mg. Is it ok to keep changing the dose?

Back