Thread: New Cavalier to the house

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Cavalier to the house

We have someone who works for a pet groomer that has a client that has a 6 year old female that they have to give up. We have Lady at home now and thought it would be great for her to have a playmate, Lady is about a year and a half. Anyone else have any similar situations? Any downside I'm missing? The people on this site always are helpful and trustworthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    We have someone who works for a pet groomer that has a client that has a 6 year old female that they have to give up. We have Lady at home now and thought it would be great for her to have a playmate, Lady is about a year and a half. Anyone else have any similar situations? Any downside I'm missing? The people on this site always are helpful and trustworthy.

Well, we have our new family member. Lucy. As you can see from my profile pic. No issues with them getting along at all.

3. Likes Joanie Davison liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I'm sure they're going to be best friends.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I will ever be without two dogs. I just love the way they keep each other company. I'm so glad Lucy and Lady are getting along. Sorry we missed your first post but it sounds like you had to make a decision pretty quickly. Judging by your picture it was the right one! They look totally comfortable with each other. What a joy! Congratulations!!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I missed your first post as well! but looks like all is going well with the new family addition. I love having the two cavaliers - and ours get on so well and are wonderful company for each other. Congratulations from us
    Dillon tri boy and Lucy Goose our ruby girl & Katerina, that's me!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. By the way after that 1st day we realized her name was not Lucy, so its now Molly, which she DOES respond to.

Post Thanks / Like

Cuties! Two is always better than 1
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Molly got a new home and Lady got a new friend! Enjoy!