• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Unusual eating habit

rubles

Nigel, the Blenheim I rehomed, has peculiar eating habits.
Day 1 he eats his 1/2 cup of kibble and 1/4 cup around the dinner hour
Day 2 he won't eat until supper and then will eat the whole 3/4 of a cup.
Day 3 is the same as day 1.
He carries good weight, plays and otherwise seems happy and content.
I'm probably more concerned than he is, but it does concern me.
Any other cavs exhibit similar habits?

I dont know how long you've had him for, but I brought Gracie home when she was 3 years old. For about a month or two she did not have regular eating habits. Sometimes she would eat her food and other times she wouldn't touch it. After about two months she had no problems and happily eats her food as soon as I put it down. I also switched to Honest Kitchen a few months ago which the girls find much more appetizing than kibble.

Fletcher is 16 months old. Sometimes he eats weird, some days he woofs down his meals other times he eats some and leaves some its totally random. I pick up his food after 20-30 minutes and go about my business. I do not bother to worry about it at all since his weight is great. If I were you I won't put too much worry into it as long as your dog is healthy and happy.

He's been here about a month so we're still finding out about each other and he's almost three.
This is the first time I've has a picky eater so I'll get used to it considering others have the same situation.
Thanks for your input. I'm less concerned now.

Back