Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marie-Anne [Wagtails]

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Coventry and Marie-Anne lived near Broadway in the Cotswolds but we met for the first time in Norfolk! I was on holiday, camping with my dogs, and Marie-Anne was with her husband who was running an ornithology weekend not too far away. So we met to walk dogs on a beach and have lunch together. We repeated this from time to time as and when we were within reach of each other - not often enough to become close friends (Nicki who never met her probably knew her better) but enough for me to like and admire her very much, and to find how much we had in common. I shall miss her, and think of her family, who will miss her far more.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

So saddened to read this. A wonderful lady who was so encouraging when we rehomed Kaley and a wonderful contributor to CT xx
    Carol

Proud Mummy to Kaley, 9 year old Tricolour
    Sonny ,Blen ( at the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure that I knew this lady, but I was certainly aware of her posts on this Forum. She seems to have made such a deep impression on so many here and obviously had a great love and understanding of Cavaliers. I am so sorry she has gone. R.I.P. sweet lady. You will be sorely missed.

P.S. I haven't seen that particular version of the Rainbow Bridge story before, but I did really enjoy reading it.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

I am very very sorry to read of her passing. Rest in peace, sweet lady.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    so sorry to hear about marie anne wagtails

Post Thanks / Like

My condolences to Marie-Anne(wagtails) family & friends.
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My thoughts are with Marie-Anne's family, friends and all who had the joy of meeting her.
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep her family and friends in my prayers. Always so hard to hear of losing a special person.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

May she rest in peace. I always enjoyed reading her posts here.
    Charlotte & Christian
    Molly & Eowyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For those who knew Marie-Anne and are perhaps in the area:

Marie-Anne wished that her passing should be marked by an occasion when friends could meet and exchange memories about her. To achieve this there will be a Cream Tea on the afternoon of June 20th. This will be an opportunity for people to come together and share in one of Marie-Anneís favourite treats, and at a location which she visited often for dog walks. There will be no speeches or eulogies but we hope much conversation and the swapping of memories about Marie-Anne, especially between strangers who will have known Marie-Anne from different perspectives.

The Cream Tea will be at Dumbleton Hall Hotel, Dumbleton, Gloucestershire between 2:30 and 4:30. The Hotel is easily found and can be approached from the west via a turning from the A46 and from the east via a turning from the B4078. The postcode is WR11 7TS and the web site is www.dumbletonhall.co.uk.

Marie-Anne requested that people do not feel obliged to wear black or dark clothes, and that there should be no flowers. However, she would welcome donations in her memory to two Charities:

St Richardís Hospice, Worcester (http://www.strichards.org.uk/)

and

Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/).

Marie-Anne supported many different charities but Hearing Dogs came closest to combining her interests in the worlds of sound and of dogs. St Richardís provided marvellous support for Marie-Anne throughout her illness.

Please send donations to:
    Co-operative Funeral Care
    30 Swan Lane
    Evesham
    Worcestershire WR11 4PD.

Also please let Co-operative Funeral Care know if you will be coming to the Cream Tea, to ensure that there are enough scones and a large enough bowl of Cream! They can be contacted at Evesham@letsco-operate.com or phoned on 01386 446188.

Please also pass these details of the Cream Tea to any mutual friends of Marie-Anneís -

IF ANYONE CAN PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO OTHER FRIENDS OF MARIE -ANNE, HER HUSBAND, GRAHAM, WOULD BE GRATEFUL.