Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: experiance with Nyla bones? - Danger

Post Thanks / Like

Alright im gonna check those out. bully sticks!!
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI....bully sticks are rather expensive (between $4-6 each in my area) and the girls chew through them in less than an hour. So they do get quite pricey - it may be good to invest in a hard chew toy as well.
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

4-6 is cheap..i just paid $9 for maggies!! i think itll last a bit...it kept her very entertaind at dinner. i posted a few concerns in the bully stick topic in the general forum. not sure they're valid im still looking into things.

i also picked her up one of these http://www.amazon.com/Snack-21-Salmo.../dp/B007OB709M as they were just over a dollar. shes going gaga for it right now.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have used nylabones in the past, but agree, you have to supervise carefully. We keep things like that in with tripe sticks they smell interesting to the dogs!

There is a risk with hard items such as Stag bars and bully/pizzle sticks (the later are dried bull penis for those who don't know!) is that dogs can break their teeth on them - just something to be aware of.

Stuffed kongs are very safe, there are lots of ideas for kongs in the Rupert's Fund Recipe book, which raises money for Cavalier health research - you can obtain copies by download or cd, http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...pe-book-ORDERS!!
    unfortunately it's currently out of print (normally available from http://cavalier-gift-shop.org/index.php )

Some Cavaliers really enjoy Anco roots natural dog chews, which are an eco-sustainable dog chew.
    "All Anco Roots are hand harvested in protected areas to ensure there is no damage to the roots. Only the tuber of the root is harvested which then sprouts again. They are limited to a responsible number each year, thus keeping the ecological impact to a minimum.Anco Roots will not splinter like regular sticks. They are extremely durable so are the perfect chew toy which also acts as a natural toothbrush. They are suitable for every dog from puppy to adult and there is a Root suitable for any dog size.
    They are expensive but long lasting. "
    The xs are prob the best size for a cavalier.

http://www.dougalsden.co.uk/anco-roo...dog-chews.html

Mine aren't interested unfortunately
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use split antlers (with marrow exposed) and hooves but ONLY the ones I can go to the story and personally choose. Many have thin edges that could easily be chewed off.

I also only allow access to them while I am there to supervises. We have tried nylabones, but after the newness wore off, they totally lost interest. I only used the white hard ones, so maybe those just don't smell real enough to them or something.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

A doggy boutique near me sells sticks similar to greenies, but a more natural recipe. It still takes mason awhile to chew it apart, but I feel better because it is edible and gets all mushy so it wouldnt hurt him digesting it! It tastes good too. Of course, he loves it so much that whenever I give it to him the first thing he does is go hide it. Does anyone elses cavalier do this? Mason hides all his favorite toys! Under the table, behind the tv stand, behind the door, everywhere!