Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bully sticks - bad for our dogs?!

Post Thanks / Like

Doggie bags are now like dinosaurs.
    I think that is because most of now use "to go boxes" for our leftovers, and eat them ourselves for lunch the next day. I do.

Post Thanks / Like

My cavalier Charlie loves bully sticks. I have never had an issue with him chewing on them. I get the non odor ones.

Post Thanks / Like

We get some very good quality ones from Germany - they also are low odour and both of my cavaliers love them! so no problems here
    Dillon tri boy and Lucy Goose our ruby girl & Katerina, that's me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waldor View Post
    Was the vet a male? If so, he might be sympathetic to the bull.
    hahahh

I recently posted about nylabones and how i think they're dangerous after what ive seen maggie do to them.
    I went into bosleys and had them show me some of the healthy safe options i had.
    bully sticks were one of them. I purchased one and thought id give it ago.
    I tell you..we had the family from vancouver over for dinner..we have never been able to get through dinner at my parents without putting her away and listening to her cry . she sat with her bully happily the whole time. she loves it.

I am still reading up on them...am concerned about the huge ammount of calories (article suggested overweight would be a risk) and then the risk f getting sick from bacteria
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the splintering, rawhides, ropes and all of that. my dogs wont chew kongs or nylabones. That doesnt leave much left. but here's another thing I wanted to remind people? Do you all remember when the ONLy dog food a Vet recommended was Hills science diet and the ONLY place you could buy it was at the vets office? Now wasnt that a coincidence. Since Iams and science diet deregulated their distribution and you can buy it at petco, etc. my Vet actually recommended Purina Puppy Chow last week which they used to say was no good. go figure.

I looked up the five star kibbles and thats what I feed my dogs. And I dont have to go to the vets office to get it.