• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

our first Cavalier

Hello, we are a family living close to York in North Yorkshire. Could any members possibly suggest any Cavalier approved dealers who ensure their puppies go through all health checks who are likely to have a litter due this/next week. In a perfect world we are looking to get a male Blenheim or Ruby after our return from a pre-booked holiday on 22 August 2013. Ideally we are hoping for a puppy of approximately 8 weeks of age. We are prepared to travel for 3-4 hours from our home to get the puppy. Any assistance/advice for a family wanting to ensure we are making the correct choice. Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance. I am also contactable via e mail on [email protected]

It is not likely you will find a puppy from properly health tested parents that easy to find. You will see cavalier puppies advertised for sale but even show winning cavalier club breeders will often be unable to show you the complete set of current Eye, Heart, MRI and DNA certificates. Many of them will have mated one or both parent when they are too young for any test results to have any significance.

If you wish I can email you some detailed Puppy Buying Advice which has a list of breeders that have said or written that they MRI scan their breeding dogs and that they do other health tests. My article will give you some idea how to identify and read the certificates. The list of breeders ( who may or may not be telling the truth ) will give you somewhere to start your search.

Our First Cavalier

Hello Margaret,Thank you for taking time to reply. I would really appreciate if you could forward onto me any advice re health etc. We want to make the right choice and not cut any corners.Regards Tony
It is not likely you will find a puppy from properly health tested parents that easy to find. You will see cavalier puppies advertised for sale but even show winning cavalier club breeders will often be unable to show you the complete set of current Eye, Heart, MRI and DNA certificates. Many of them will have mated one or both parent when they are too young for any test results to have any significance.

If you wish I can email you some detailed Puppy Buying Advice which has a list of breeders that have said or written that they MRI scan their breeding dogs and that they do other health tests. My article will give you some idea how to identify and read the certificates. The list of breeders ( who may or may not be telling the truth ) will give you somewhere to start your search.

Back