Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with ideas for cavaliers with new borns

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If your friend wants some more suggestions on getting ready for a new baby, with a dog, there are some good links in the thread on kids and cavaliers pinned in the training section, which include book suggestions.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    If your friend wants some more suggestions on getting ready for a new baby, with a dog, there are some good links in the thread on kids and cavaliers pinned in the training section, which include book suggestions.
    Thanks Karlin! I will pass on the information. I might know nothing about babies but I'm known as the crazy cavalier lady. I know her cavalier is more unpredictable but even Kennedy (has sweetest temperament) all should be watched. Sadly I hope Kennedy will be alive when she has her baby (newly pregnant). I will read it too in case Elton is ever around.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Im pregnant at the moment & I dont mean to sound horrible but if someone turned up to a baby shower preaching about my dogs id be more than a little offended!!

Since I announced im pregnant too many people seem to think they have the right to tell me how to manage me dogs, from not letting them on the furniture, putting them out the back & the worst was rehoming them!!!!

Im pretty sure if your friend wants some advice about her dogs she will ask.

(Again sorry if that sounds harsh!)
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
    Im pregnant at the moment & I dont mean to sound horrible but if someone turned up to a baby shower preaching about my dogs id be more than a little offended!!

Since I announced im pregnant too many people seem to think they have the right to tell me how to manage me dogs, from not letting them on the furniture, putting them out the back & the worst was rehoming them!!!!

Im pretty sure if your friend wants some advice about her dogs she will ask.

(Again sorry if that sounds harsh!)

Tell people yes you are going to rehome the dogs AND this baby too one day when you have another. That should shut them up! Un-dog people annoy me sometimes too with their dumb ideas "its just a dog" NO ITS MY DOG and an IMPORTANT PART of MY LIFE AND HOUSEHOLD!!!!!!! Hey your pregnant and moody use it as an opportunity to speak your mind
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Someone actually said "rehome them"? I think my mouth would have dropped to the floor and it takes a lot to render me speechless! During pregnancy and continuing into the first few years of parenthood, everyone has advice to give. Just ignore them. I had a cat when I had my first, and my MIL, who was afraid of all animals, was certain the cat was going to attack or smother the baby when I wasn't looking. Guess what? We all survived and co-existed quite happily!

All the best with the pregnancy!

Joan