Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increased BARKING

Post Thanks / Like

Default Increased BARKING

For some unknown reason Fletcher has become MR. BARKHEAD lately. He barks at the TV, people walking by our fence, randomly at night Tonight I checked out his ears really good (just looking) and they appear same as always. Nothing has changed in the house or with his routine. I'm wondering if I should rule out something medical with my regular vet? I have been working with him to re-direct (train) away from all the barking. I have NO problem with Fletcher barking while playing.

Just a reminder, Fletcher is a year and a half old. No medical issue thus far. I have NO medical history on his parents.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

2. Thanks Nix105 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Guinness too, I have no idea what is setting him off. He used to just sleep like a rock, and now every little noise he goes nuts. Only at night though, rarely barks during the day.

Maybe he decided to step up his guard-dog duties after Mr. Monster belittled his skills?

Post Thanks / Like

Jazz woke me up at 5 am this morning barking at the bedroom curtains, which were blowing the in the wind....and if she wasn't barking she was giving a low growl.... In the end I threw her out of the bedroom so I could go back to sleep!!!

Jazz has developed a barking habit too, we cannot watch tv with any four legged animals, she just barks constantly. If neighbours are moving around the back garden she'll bark at them too. We do keep a water spray handy, sometimes just by showing it to her shuts her up, sometimes a quick squirt will stop her in her tracks!

sometimes I think she barks in the back garden just to announce her arrival!!!!
    Nicki
    Proud owner of Jazz

Post Thanks / Like

Maggie's barking was getting out of hand. Was getting texts from my mom after I dropped her off at grandpas(mom lives upstairs) that something had to be done. It was a bit much. I finally made a penny pop can. She'd start barking. I'd say no barking. If she continued I'd give it a shake. She very quickly caught on. Now almost silent at drop off. And most of her barking has stopped. I don't have to use it anymore. Some barking is ok. But the over the top. She has learned. And she gets my "no barking" command. The worst (in my opinion) is if we are laying in bed. She's snuggled up on my shoulder. And she starts barking at someone talking on the street. Right in my ear!!
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

We taught Rose "Do you need a TIMEOUT???". She's one that barks at everything with 4 legs on tv, cartoon, animal, person dressed up as an animal... Timeout is time by herself in the bathroom. She doesn't like that at all. We don't like her not minding when we tell her to hush. Works like a charm, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Rosie has developed the exact same bad habit. The most annoying is when she bolts out of her bed in the middle of the night runs to the bedroom and barks her little head off. Not sure what she is barking at, maybe a leaf fell off the tree as she will bark at anything. Any tips would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Have we all seen Harry potter? Ok for those who have. Last movie there's a shot of voldemort as a.. I don't know fetus? I've seen it a few times. It's gross. But maggie goes ballistic at this part. Every time. Hahah
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

Bosco NEVER barks! He occassionally makes a low growl when excited with a toy, or will let out one loud bark if one of the Chins is making him crazy with teasing. I find it really ironic that my chins BARK and BARK and BARK, and they are supposed to be a non-barking breed. So, Bosco's silence is seen as one of his best qualities!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Teddy also seems to have found his voice recently. only in the house or in the garden though, never when we are out for walks. Oddly enough when he is home alone there is not a murmer (we have teddycam with audio) even when someone knocks on the door. We say Shhhh when he starts and try to attract his attention, but it doesnt always work. Like all the others, it could be a leaf dropping, and he just starts barking.
    Lynne x
    Little Ted Bear - Ruby Boy Born December 8th 2012
    Beautiful Megan - Black & Tan. Left us 18th January 2013. My heart and soul.

Post Thanks / Like

Remy will start barking when he see me put my phone in my purse. He doesn't want me to leave. He also barks when he sees me grab his harness for a walk. When watching TV, he will bark at elephants for some strange reason and the other day he barked at a panda bear. He will make growly noises when he is playing or fetching a toy and when I rub his belly or when trying to get my attention. He is a nut. I thought this breed was a quiet one, but I guess I got a very vocal one. He is 9 months so I don't know if this is a phase or not.
    Sir Remington II (Remy) Oct. 17, 2012 -