Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increased BARKING

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Teddy also does the growly thing when playing, and this happened about the same time as his barking started. Perhaps it is an age thing as he is nearly 9 months old. I hope he grows out of it eventually, we darent take him camping yet as it would annoy other campers from the word go.
    Lynne x
    Little Ted Bear - Ruby Boy Born December 8th 2012
    Beautiful Megan - Black & Tan. Left us 18th January 2013. My heart and soul.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that when Charlie turned about 21/2, he became more vocal. I always assumed that he was chasing away dinosaurs in the back woods that we couldn't see at night.

Maybe it's just part of them "growing up".
    Tim

"May you live as long as you want, and may you not want as long as you live"....an Irish Blessing

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby does it often, she will just randomly run into the garden and just start barking, she can.t hear, as she is very deaf, but sometimes if birds aeroplanes, or anything comes into her airspace, that will start her off, but i,am convinced sometimes she has moments when her hearing comes back briefly, last night was really funny, she was crouched low on the ground growling softly, and then started backing away slowly,when i looked outside it was a snail!!!!! Karen,Ruby and Sadie

Post Thanks / Like

Small update. Since I posted this I have been working with MR. BARKHEAD a.k.a Fletcher on excessive barking. I am happy to report training is going well and he pretty much has the "hush" command down. I think Fletcher is just one of those vocal dogs. Our house is not at all what I would call quite or calm so I think its something we will always have to manage. I have not been able to eliminate the night-time barking, I have NO way of preventing the behavior but at least a quick "Fletcher HUSH" I can roll over and go back to sleep.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras