• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mmm

katiecat

Does anyone have experience of dealing with a cavalier with Masticatory muscle myositis? Our 2 1/2 year old tri bitch has had it since the age of 12 weeks. We are at the moment trying to deal with demodectic mange which is proving really stubborn to clear despite being now on Invermectin long term. It really is the most awfull condition :-(
icon9.png

Hi Katiecat,
In April, I lost my cavalier due to complications from treatment for MMM. I agree... it is an absolutely awful, awful condition. Not just due to the disease itself, but the side effects from treatment too.

Here is the thread through which I chronicled many of the details of Butters' course: http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/...ly-an-autoimmune-disease&highlight=autoimmune

Sadly, I lost my cav to it very early on, after just a couple of months. He had the chronic form, and had terrible complications due to his prednisone treatment. It was the most heartbreaking experience of my life.

Feel free to PM me if you would like. It sounds like you have been doing a great job with your girl, as she has been able to tolerate treatment for some time now. So sorry to hear you have been going through this as well.

Back