Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: very sad day today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default very sad day today!

just wanted to let everyone know that Charlie was very sadly put to sleep this morning, he went into heart failure over the weekend! due to his age and his MVD there was nothing more we could do for him so sadly he was put to rest this morning!

we had him for just over 3 years and he reached a grand old age of 15 1/2 years!

we will post a memorial up later with some of his pictures!
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that, I remember you getting him (it was me who sent you the vetmedin for him) and following your reports of him over the years.

My sincere condolences
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to see that Charlie has passed on, what a marvellous age!
    I know how much he meant to you and your family and how very much loved he was.
    Run free Charlie.
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read this. 15 1/2 is a fantastic and much respected age
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry but I'm so happy you had three wonderful years together. They get so precious as they get older. Rest in peace Charlie, you had a great long life full of love at the end.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read this. Rest in peace Charlie.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read about Charlie's passing. I can remember when you got him, he looked a lovely old lad. I bet these last three years with you have been wonderful and he knew he was loved and warm and had a full tummy.
    It is, sadly, the price we pay for rescuing the oldies, they may not be with us for long but at least they have love and comfort in their last years.
    Run free Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about Charlie I know he was very special to you. I remember when you took him into your home and what a wonderful home it was for him to see out his days. He always looked younger than his years and brought you many happy times. What an amazing age he reached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou all so much for your kind words and thoughts, it really means so much to us all,

We really have been blessed to have had Charlie in our lives, a wonderful dog, with the best of natures, always that goofy doggy grin, and waggy tail to greet anyone, he leaves behind a huge hole in our family x
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Ryan, Lisa and Kieran, I'm so very sad to read this news. I was really pleased when Charlie went to live with you, it was meant to be after the first family didn't even bother to show up.

You have had 3 wonderful years together, shared so much love and companionship, and will have many happy memories. It has always been a pleasure reading your updates and seeing your photos - and it was such a thrill to see Charlie in the Dogs Today Oldies section recently.

He will indeed leave a gaping hole in your lives, he obviously had such a special character and was a happy boy despite his problems. He was amazing to go on for three years, but I think that is also a reflection of your devoted, loving care.

Thinking of you all at this very sad time.

Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org