• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

very sad day today!

Rj Mac

just wanted to let everyone know that Charlie was very sadly put to sleep this morning, he went into heart failure over the weekend! due to his age and his MVD there was nothing more we could do for him so sadly he was put to rest this morning!

we had him for just over 3 years and he reached a grand old age of 15 1/2 years!

we will post a memorial up later with some of his pictures!

So sorry to hear that, I remember you getting him (it was me who sent you the vetmedin for him) and following your reports of him over the years.

My sincere condolences

So sorry to see that Charlie has passed on, what a marvellous age!
I know how much he meant to you and your family and how very much loved he was.
Run free Charlie.
Sins

I'm so sorry but I'm so happy you had three wonderful years together. They get so precious as they get older. Rest in peace Charlie, you had a great long life full of love at the end.

So sorry to read about Charlie's passing. I can remember when you got him, he looked a lovely old lad. I bet these last three years with you have been wonderful and he knew he was loved and warm and had a full tummy.
It is, sadly, the price we pay for rescuing the oldies, they may not be with us for long but at least they have love and comfort in their last years.
Run free Charlie.

So sorry to hear about Charlie :( I know he was very special to you. I remember when you took him into your home and what a wonderful home it was for him to see out his days. He always looked younger than his years and brought you many happy times. What an amazing age he reached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou all so much for your kind words and thoughts, it really means so much to us all,

We really have been blessed to have had Charlie in our lives, a wonderful dog, with the best of natures, always that goofy doggy grin, and waggy tail to greet anyone, he leaves behind a huge hole in our family x

Dear Ryan, Lisa and Kieran, I'm so very sad to read this news. I was really pleased when Charlie went to live with you, it was meant to be after the first family didn't even bother to show up.

You have had 3 wonderful years together, shared so much love and companionship, and will have many happy memories. It has always been a pleasure reading your updates and seeing your photos - and it was such a thrill to see Charlie in the Dogs Today Oldies section recently.

He will indeed leave a gaping hole in your lives, he obviously had such a special character and was a happy boy despite his problems. He was amazing to go on for three years, but I think that is also a reflection of your devoted, loving care.

Thinking of you all at this very sad time.

So sorry for your loss,he looked so good for his age, and thank you for loving him, and giving him such a happy home, bless you, and run free dear Charlie Karen, Ruby and Sadie xxx *ng*l

I'm so sorry to read this as I know how much Charlie meant to you and your family. I remember you getting him and I know he was a much loved and adored cavalier who landed on his 4 furry paws when he went to live with you xx

Ah! that old dog goofy grin. Tommy was the same. It would make my heart melt.

So sorry you have lost Charlie. He was obviously a lovely Old Gentleman and a dog to be proud of.

How great to know he spent his last few years with a wonderful loving & caring family who so appreciated what a treasure they had taken into their home.

RIP Charlie

Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran -- I am so sorry to hear this. What a wonderful life he had over the last few years with you -- I remember when he came into your home and joined your happy gang of dogs. I know it was expected he might have a "little" time left and he sure proved everyone wrong! What a fantastic age; he sure must have been delighted to land with you. :) I will miss the occasional updates and pictures of him. Charlie was one of our special cavaliers here on CT :flwr:. He was a true ambassador for the rewards of offering a home to an older dog.

Back