• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How a cavalier can change a life

SCMSL

I was born on the street, and I grew up scared of other dogs. I am a big guy, but size isn’t everything and the truth is I am scared. Too many scars on my nose taught me to attack and show off before the enemy got to me.
One day I was picked up by someone who locked me in a cage. I had food and water but I did not have the freedom I was used to. Then I heard they were putting me to sleep because I was unadoptable. I don’t know what unadoptable is, and love sleeping, but somehow it didn’t sit well with me.

Then I met my family. I know I wasn’t born with these guys but I was never loved this way, its so refreshing! They welcomed me like one of their own, showed me I could trust them.

But I wasn’t used to being fenced in so I jumped the fence, and I got into trouble. I must admit I did something absolutely terrible – I killed another dog. My family was so sad and so worried about me. They got me trainers who taught me some awesome tricks people love to reward. But I was sure I would never let other dogs near me, not for all the treats in the world.

Then one day my family went out and brought a little “thing” with them. I smelled “it” and it smelled of dog, but it was so cute I didn’t even consider eating “it”. They called it Summer.

At first my family would only let me around her when they were around. I was a bit suspicious of her and would never lye down when she was in the room, or even take my eyes off of her. I mean, she could jump at any moment and kill me, so I had to be careful.

But she was soooo annoying, and so persistent! Always trying to get me to play with her, always nagging me into doing something with her. Little sisters really can be hard on their big brothers!

But hey, I must admit she slowly conquered my heart. Now I wonder how I am okay with her jumping all over me, or stealing my toys… hell, I even gave her my bone the other day.

Summer is my sister and the only dog I trust. I love her.

This is a photo of my sis' Summer and I.
nrs4.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

That is a beautiful story, thank you so much for sharing, they look lovely together X

So sweet! My pups name is Summer also! Its so great that dogs can sense that cavaliers are just lovers!

It's amazing how love can change everything. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story and beautiful picture.

Thank you all for your kind words. It really is amazing how Rodolfo who is such an aggressive dog can turn into a playful pup when he's around Summer.

And she is actually becoming quite the therapy dog - I am working with a great dane cross at the mo who has a history of being aggressive towards dogs and people, and she managed to get him to play with her the other day! (Must admit it was very funny seeing such a huge dog playing with her and following her around the park sniffing everything she sniffed!)

Back