• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Apologies for late registration validations and post approvals...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all:

So sorry it has taken me ages to put thru so many new accounts. It's been a busy summer here, and it is just me doing this -- there's also been a terrible increase in spam accounts and I check each new registration to try and dump these. This used to be an easier task but spammers have gotten very good at creating fake accounts and channelling accounts through IP addresses that make them look like they are legit and not coming from typical spam countries.

At times I have had over 100 accounts to sift through -- at the moment I still have 80 to do. :sl*p:

I did just OK a bunch of fresh posts from new members. :)

If you have registered and not been approved do message me through the admin mail link on the site as sometimes if I am not sure about an account I just put it on hold -- a quick email letting me know you are real :D will then let me easily approve the account.

I'm sorry about this slow progress through accounts, but spammers are wily and a constant problem. For a few months I had reduced it down to a trickle thanks to a few tricks but soon they figure out how to get around them. I will be checking out some alternative approaches.

Karlin

Not to mention two new puppies to divert your attention :badgrin: You do a great job, Karlin.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

The puppies are a great diversion, I must confess, but pretty easy ones. :lol:

I'm down to just 32 accounts to verify now... :rolleyes:

I feel like I have been in the weeds all summer too. We have been so busy good busy spending a lot of time together as a family but still there is always a long list of things never gotten to.:lpy:

Its a bunch of work to keep the site running, we appreciate it for sure.

I'll be around a bit more now too! I had family visiting, then have been away a bit plus the ever-growing puppies keep us busy. I also have a larger project going with the site overall -- I now own the CKCS.com domain (had always wanted it, and then it came up at auction a year ago, amazingly...) and will be putting all sorts of new things in over time. I'd like about a month off just to work on the site... :lol: But at the moment I can't even keep up with sorting through registrations.

I'm pleased to say that as a result of my actually getting some work done here, we have a large number of new members, several already posting to introduce themselves or ask questions, so please, CT folks, do welcome our new friends! :)

PS new people: initial posts are moderated -- again a spam issue -- but am keeping an eye and putting them through as quickly as I spot them.

Back