Thread: toy recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default toy recommendations

Hi! I am looking for some toy recommendations for my 9 year old Summer. (She's a rescue, I've had her about 6 weeks). If we aren't on a walk my sweet girl is sleeping-- I'm sure some of that is normal for her age but I am also worried it's because she is bored. She does not have any teeth and has not show interest in the toys I have tried except for a puppy Kong-- she is very food motivated. She has a few plush things that she will maybe use as a pillow but that's about it. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Most dogs LOVE a Raw Meaty Bone to chew on.

Or for toys how about one of these?

A http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kyjen-Plush-...le+buddies+dog

Or a http://www.amazon.co.uk/Puppy-Kong-G...one+Kong+puppy

They are Wilson's favourite toys.
    Wilson & Beth

Wilson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Often rescues are not used to toys (and mot all dogs care for toys anyway). Don't worry, she won't sleep from boredom but because she likes to nap ). She sounds very sweet. And like almost all cavaliers -- food motivated...

If she is food motivated there are many fun toys for her to explore! Kong makes a range of other toys in which you can place food treats for example. There are also treat balls in which you put some treats or kibble and the dog rolls around to get the food out -- mine love this. Lots of similar toys too that rock and dispense treats. Kong also makes a rocking one of those. I love Kong toys as they are all well tested and well loved by dogs...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Karlin on the wobbly kong! My girls love it, even Gracie who came from a breeder and does not have toy motivation, but she sure is food motivated
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz