• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

toy recommendations

Emcannon

Hi! I am looking for some toy recommendations for my 9 year old Summer. (She's a rescue, I've had her about 6 weeks). If we aren't on a walk my sweet girl is sleeping-- I'm sure some of that is normal for her age but I am also worried it's because she is bored. She does not have any teeth and has not show interest in the toys I have tried except for a puppy Kong-- she is very food motivated. She has a few plush things that she will maybe use as a pillow but that's about it. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

Often rescues are not used to toys (and mot all dogs care for toys anyway). Don't worry, she won't sleep from boredom but because she likes to nap :D ). She sounds very sweet. :) And like almost all cavaliers -- food motivated... :lol:

If she is food motivated there are many fun toys for her to explore! Kong makes a range of other toys in which you can place food treats for example. There are also treat balls in which you put some treats or kibble and the dog rolls around to get the food out -- mine love this. Lots of similar toys too that rock and dispense treats. Kong also makes a rocking one of those. I love Kong toys as they are all well tested and well loved by dogs...

Agree with Karlin on the wobbly kong! My girls love it, even Gracie who came from a breeder and does not have toy motivation, but she sure is food motivated :D

Back