• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finding a reputable breeder for our first family cavalier

Hello, We are looking to buy our first Cavalier and are aware of the need to only buy from a reputable registered Breeder. My family is based in Yorkshire,England and are happy to travel 3+ hours by car to find our first family Cavalier. Does anyone know of a breeder who may have a male Blenheim,Ruby or Tri-Colour of around 8-10 weeks old that has been health checked. I am in contact with regional puppy registers but cannot find any within 5 hours trave. Many thanks for any assistance you may be able to give. :p

We aren't allowed to recommend particular breeders on this forum, but a good person to contact is Margaret Carter ([email protected]), who has been working for many years to improve Cavalier health and is in touch with many of the breeders who do all the health checks. She may be able to put you in touch with a breeder with a litter. I think she is away on holiday at the moment, but will probably still be checking her emails!

Kate and Cavaliers Oliver and Aled

many thanks for your reply.We eventually got a beautiful male Blenheim from a assured breeder near the Welsh borders. The 8 hour round trip by car was well worth it and we have a beautiful pet, hopefully for many many years to come.

Back