Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benjy got his wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Benjy got his wings

Our poor Benjy got his wings yesterday. We think he was about 14. We knew we could not hold onto him any longer. It was the hardest decision we ever made.Our house is a very quiet and sad house at the moment. He was 7.5 years with us. Thanks Karlin for giving him to us he was such a joy to have.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no -- I am so, so sorry to hear this, Mary. My deepest condolences. I never doubted you were the right home for him -- I still remember the day he came to you -- as I recall he marked a few doorways.... . I know the memories will in time bring comfort. I am so thankful for the wonderful homes like yours that give dogs like Benjy that second chance when they come into rescue. He certainly lived to a good age, even though they are never with us long enough. My sympathies on your loss.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. Thank goodness for people like you who are willing to love rescues. It's hard to say that you had some good years with him because it's never enough when they leave us. Rest in peace Benjy.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your special Benjy. I agree with Bev: No matter how many years they share with us, it is never enough
    Mommy to Butters (06/18/2011-4/20/2013) and Sawyer (6/08/2013)
    http://lsidari.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet boy. He had many happy years with you, but as said, it's never enough.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So very sorry to hear this. Bless you for giving Benjy a wonderful, loving home, I'm sure you have some wonderful memories of him which will be a comfort to you.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, as Karlin says they are never with us long enough.
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss, but pleased you gave him a loving home, Karen,Ruby and Sadie x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. We were the lucky ones to have benjy in our lives. We loved that dog so much. Yes Karlin your right he did mark the doors, kitchen presses and everything else he could find. Of course my sons thought it was the funnest thing ever. A trip to the vet cured that. When the first christmas came around I didnt know how he would react to the christmas tree. We kept it in the kitchen for a night and I told my sons and husband if they caught him going near the tree just to say no no and carry him outside to go to the toilet. Next thing I heard one of the boys saying to benjy '' Look what Mam got you for Christmas an indoor toilet'' We have some great memories which are keeping us going. It is so hard. Mary