• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Benjy got his wings

bennymum

Our poor Benjy got his wings yesterday. We think he was about 14. We knew we could not hold onto him any longer. It was the hardest decision we ever made.Our house is a very quiet and sad house at the moment. He was 7.5 years with us. Thanks Karlin for giving him to us he was such a joy to have.
Mary

Oh no -- I am so, so sorry to hear this, Mary. My deepest condolences. I never doubted you were the right home for him -- I still remember the day he came to you -- as I recall he marked a few doorways.... :). I know the memories will in time bring comfort. I am so thankful for the wonderful homes like yours that give dogs like Benjy that second chance when they come into rescue. He certainly lived to a good age, even though they are never with us long enough. :flwr: My sympathies on your loss.

I'm so sorry. Thank goodness for people like you who are willing to love rescues. It's hard to say that you had some good years with him because it's never enough when they leave us. Rest in peace Benjy.

So sorry to hear about your special Benjy. I agree with Bev: No matter how many years they share with us, it is never enough

So very sorry to hear this. Bless you for giving Benjy a wonderful, loving home, I'm sure you have some wonderful memories of him which will be a comfort to you.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, as Karlin says they are never with us long enough.

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. We were the lucky ones to have benjy in our lives. We loved that dog so much. Yes Karlin your right he did mark the doors, kitchen presses and everything else he could find. Of course my sons thought it was the funnest thing ever. A trip to the vet cured that. When the first christmas came around I didnt know how he would react to the christmas tree. We kept it in the kitchen for a night and I told my sons and husband if they caught him going near the tree just to say no no and carry him outside to go to the toilet. Next thing I heard one of the boys saying to benjy '' Look what Mam got you for Christmas an indoor toilet'' We have some great memories which are keeping us going. It is so hard. Mary

Back