Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Beginning: Meet Sawyer

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on Sawyer and also your little son Leon, you are going to have lots of happy times as they grow up together, I am sure you are going to be very busy.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 13 and Ollie age 3.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been one month since Sawyer joined our family. Raising 2 teething babies has been a challenge, but I can't imagine my home without this little guy.

IQ7R4261 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4224 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4235 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

Sawyer is such a wonderful trouble maker, and is constantly finding creative ways to surprise us... he certainly lives up to his name. I don't think my underwear, socks, or shoes will ever be safe again. My husband and I have placed a set of doggie stairs up to our couch, and Sawyer loves sharing his "prizes" with us after galloping around the living room showing them off. Our previous cavalier, Butters, was never much of a retriever. However, Sawyer is quite the natural. We have been trying to curb his chewing habits with plenty of cow hooves, stuffed animals, and Himalayan chews... the Nylabones and bully sticks (our previous go-to chews) really didn't do much hold his attention. As our vet says, "He certainly is the most enthusiastic cavalier I have ever met." I am pretty sure that is code for... absolutely nuts. However, after seeing our Butters so sick, I can say it is a welcomed blessing to see such an energetic little guy. We have been enjoying plenty of walks, with Leon in the stroller and Sawyer trotting by his side.

IQ7R4299 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R3973 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

We have been working on the training basics including sitting and staying, soft mouth, and appropriate manners around our 5 month old... particularly NO JUMPING! Positive reinforcement has been going very well for him, taking into account a lot of the Ian Dunbar basics. Sawyer is so smart and wanting to please. We had some concerns with teething on our son, Leon, when he first arrived; but, Sawyer has been learning quickly. We now can trust the two together, of course with supervision. I am sure in a few months we will be having the reverse problem, teaching our son how to be gentle around little Sawyer. For now, we are enjoying just watching the two entertain one another.

IQ7R3927 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4292 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

... and, during the spare moments that Sawyer has fully expended his puppy energy, I can't help but admire how absolutely adorable he is

IQ7R4111 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R3978 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr
    Mommy to Butters (06/18/2011-4/20/2013) and Sawyer (6/08/2013)
    http://lsidari.blogspot.com

3. Likes Emkaybee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your two babies are both so precious! I can't imagine you get much down time.
    Sir Remington II (Remy) Oct. 17, 2012 -

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fabulous pics. Two sweet babies with sweet pink baby tummies!!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Two sweet and beautiful babies.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Red Headed Baby Girl
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

cute pics...your baby is precious, and so is the dog.
    owned by BratBoy ^see avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful piccies!!! what a treat -
    Dillon tri boy and Lucy Goose our ruby girl & Katerina, that's me!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing such wonderful pix of your two babies. Definitely brought a smile to my face this morning as I sipped my coffee. I can see you are doing amazing job bringing up Leon and Sawyer, as well as being an awesome photographer!

Joan

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Leon is growing so fast! My pediatrician says Mr. Monster is not shy and seems to have a "quest for learning" which I know FOR SURE means your kid is nuts Pair that with a happy nut-ball cavalier and that about explains my two youngest babies. Yes, it can sometimes be challenging to live with "the crazy youngings" but boy is it fun. Fletcher has a special affection for Mr. Monster's underwear. Actually I think it only because Mr. Monster goes chasing after them and it becomes a huge game.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Sawyer looks like the sweetest puppy. Congratulations!