• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A New Beginning: Meet Sawyer

cavalover

Four months ago, our dear Butters passed away. This weekend, my husband, son, and I welcomed our new family member. Meet Sawyer.

IQ7R4092 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

We had anticipated bringing home his brother, a beautiful tricolor. However, when we saw those eyes, we just melted. We knew he had to be the one.

IQ7R4099 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

Our son, Leon, doesn't quite know what to think yet. But, we have a feeling they are going to be great friends.

IQ7R4009 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

This has been such a bittersweet moment for us. We are looking forward to getting to know this little love bug.

IQ7R3905 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4054 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

Congratulations! I couldn't be happier for you. Sawyer is beautiful and I am so glad you have another love bug in your lives. Leon and Sawyer are going to be great friends especially since they will be growing up together.

Oh wow congrads!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you guys. He is beautiful! I love his name too.

Oh that is just fabulous news, I'm so thrilled for you all. He looks to be a really special wee Chap already.
You can never replace a beloved companion but a successor helps fill the gaping hole they left...

We wish you many happy, healthy years together, and hope that Leon and Sawyer will be the best of friends.

Oh, you're going to have your hands full!!! Congratulations!!! The picture of Sawyer and Leon together is so absolutely adorable. They will just do everything together. I also love the picture of him on his back. Too cute. Have fun getting to know him and also remembering the fun times you had with Butters.

He's a keeper! Adorable pictures. Nice to have baby and puppy growing up together, but my are you going to be busy!

Joan

Congratulations :*nana: He wont replace Butters in your heart but he will certainly fill the space for cavalier cuddles he left behind. I hope you have many happy years together....he looks adorable by the way XX

Congratulations on Sawyer and also your little son Leon, you are going to have lots of happy times as they grow up together, I am sure you are going to be very busy.

It has been one month since Sawyer joined our family. Raising 2 teething babies has been a challenge, but I can't imagine my home without this little guy.

IQ7R4261 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4224 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4235 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

Sawyer is such a wonderful trouble maker, and is constantly finding creative ways to surprise us... he certainly lives up to his name. I don't think my underwear, socks, or shoes will ever be safe again. My husband and I have placed a set of doggie stairs up to our couch, and Sawyer loves sharing his "prizes" with us after galloping around the living room showing them off. Our previous cavalier, Butters, was never much of a retriever. However, Sawyer is quite the natural. We have been trying to curb his chewing habits with plenty of cow hooves, stuffed animals, and Himalayan chews... the Nylabones and bully sticks (our previous go-to chews) really didn't do much hold his attention. As our vet says, "He certainly is the most enthusiastic cavalier I have ever met." I am pretty sure that is code for... absolutely nuts. However, after seeing our Butters so sick, I can say it is a welcomed blessing to see such an energetic little guy. We have been enjoying plenty of walks, with Leon in the stroller and Sawyer trotting by his side.

IQ7R4299 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R3973 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

We have been working on the training basics including sitting and staying, soft mouth, and appropriate manners around our 5 month old... particularly NO JUMPING! Positive reinforcement has been going very well for him, taking into account a lot of the Ian Dunbar basics. Sawyer is so smart and wanting to please. We had some concerns with teething on our son, Leon, when he first arrived; but, Sawyer has been learning quickly. We now can trust the two together, of course with supervision. I am sure in a few months we will be having the reverse problem, teaching our son how to be gentle around little Sawyer. For now, we are enjoying just watching the two entertain one another.

IQ7R3927 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R4292 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

... and, during the spare moments that Sawyer has fully expended his puppy energy, I can't help but admire how absolutely adorable he is

IQ7R4111 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

IQ7R3978 by Poppa Pinata, on Flickr

Thanks for sharing such wonderful pix of your two babies. Definitely brought a smile to my face this morning as I sipped my coffee. I can see you are doing amazing job bringing up Leon and Sawyer, as well as being an awesome photographer!

Joan

Wow Leon is growing so fast! My pediatrician says Mr. Monster is not shy and seems to have a "quest for learning" which I know FOR SURE means your kid is nuts :fool: Pair that with a happy nut-ball cavalier and that about explains my two youngest babies. Yes, it can sometimes be challenging to live with "the crazy youngings" but boy is it fun. Fletcher has a special affection for Mr. Monster's underwear. Actually I think it only because Mr. Monster goes chasing after them and it becomes a huge game.

Back