• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Horners Syndrome?

Thanks so much Karlin.

Lola's facial palsy is still affected on the right side, eye not blinking, drooped mouth, only smiles on her left side which looks very strange. I've noticed her mouth on the affected side is very slightly moving today so please God something somewhere is beginning to heal. I will wait and see how this plays out.

I bet it probably will improve quite a bit. :xfngr: A lot of these things are difficult to diagnose. I had an elderly rescue boy who came in with a head tilt -- due to many ear infections left uncared for properly, even though the people who surrendered him said he was much loved and looked after by their uncle who was a vet! :cry*ing: He mustn't have done much or looked in his ears, poor thing. He had a permanent head tilt as a result but seemed to get along fine and went to a lovely home.

I also meant to say that blenheims can look much older than the other colours -- Jaspar went grey around the face when only about 7 and thus looks older, but he is the most active and athletic of the group.

I've only just seen this ... I knew I recognised the pretty little face.. Lola my lil' pit bull.
When we took her into foster, she had appallingly affected ears and was the first cavalier we ever had to shave down.. hence the lil pit bull look! She looked so tough, bless her.
It really does sound like vestibular disease, which hopefully will settle in time for you.
I would change vets at this stage, as they show no willingness to learn about new conditions or work with an owner to find solutions.
Seems like she's improving though.
Give her a big hug from me and best wishes to Lola for a speedy recovery.
Sins xx

Ah yes Sins, once a pitbull always a pitbull :eek: Lola hasn't changed abit since then although she is abit subdued at the moment. Carlisle doesn't know himself and is getting very brave. He will always take a back seat to her, she "prewashes" the dishwasher and he watches, she will sit beside me when I'm making dinner, he will sit behind her. But now he is venturing closer and closer to the action and at one point pushed infront of her, which would never ever happen on a normal day. He is my indicator on how she is feeling. The other day, she seemed much more back to normal and he was back in patient waiting mode. They get on fabulously, he is the gentlest little soul ever and the two of them are so perfectly matched.

Yes I remember you told me about the ears at the time and thank God she hasn't had a bad ear since! Hopefully she is on the right track now. There is no difference today but no worse so thats fine.

Back