• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How to keep males clean

wolf23

Remy has now started lifting his leg to relieve himself but he doesn't always clear his belly fur or his front legs, and more often than not pees on himself. I have been giving him half baths every few days but I do not dry out his skin. Do most of you shave or trim the underbelly area? Also is it okay to trim the fur and long hairs on his prepuce?

You can trim the hair on his belly or some of his feathering to keep him clean. I use to use a warm washcloth on Sydney a few times a week to help with any smell. Don't cut the long hairs on his penis as that is what helps the stream stay straight. If he just started lifting his leg, maybe he just needs more practice :rolleyes:

I have had problems with my youngest cavalier as he is very hairy, eventually I had to get him trimmed in his privates area and he is now fine.

A bit different with females but I give my girls a "hygenic cut" every couple of months. It stops stuff from sticking in there or their fur accidentally dragging to the pee.

Back